Affordable membership? Plus fees proportionate to quality?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
...and though nopt maybe the most important factor - reciprocals - some clubs have reciprocals that enable you to get golf by arrangment at some cracking courses - for free.

their not that sort of clubs - there are only 2 on there that I believe do have some, and some that are part of 'groups' that provide a range of facilities and alternative arrangements.

given that both the nearest, and best, course (that does have some excellent ones) isn't even on the list I was leaving that out! :)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
their not that sort of clubs - there are only 2 on there that I believe do have some, and some that are part of 'groups' that provide a range of facilities and alternative arrangements.

given that both the nearest, and best, course (that does have some excellent ones) isn't even on the list I was leaving that out! :)

OK - fair point. I forgot that maybe I'm fortunate in that respect.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
...and though nopt maybe the most important factor - reciprocals - some clubs have reciprocals that enable you to get golf by arrangment at some cracking courses - for free.
Played Ferndown on a reciprocal yesterday. Course was in cracking condition, and well worth the cost of petrol to play. Indian on the way home at Liss was not bad either.:thup:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Played Ferndown on a reciprocal yesterday. Course was in cracking condition, and well worth the cost of petrol to play. Indian on the way home at Liss was not bad either.:thup:

Planning to go down to Littlehampton on a recip soon (sorry - thread hijacked by talk of reciprocals)

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Spot on. If you are looking at a private members club down this part of the world I would say you need a 1 in front of that budget to have a realistic choice. Of the one I know on the list my choice would be West Kent, but at £1367 + joining fee it is way out of the budget listed.

Ouch.

Makes me glad to be northern commoner;)

I'd be happy to go and join the northerners given the cost of living down here. The worst of it is that West Kent isn't the most expensive down here;

Banstead Downs £1460 + £1120 joining fee
Cuddington app £1500 + £2000 joining fee
Langley Park £1450 + £1400 joining fee
Croham Hurst £1500 + joining fee

Please don't trouble yourself to let me know exactly how cheap it is oop norf, I'm feeling sick enough as it is looking at these prices..... :(

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'd be happy to go and join the northerners given the cost of living down here. The worst of it is that West Kent isn't the most expensive down here;

Banstead Downs £1460 + £1120 joining fee
Cuddington app £1500 + £2000 joining fee
Langley Park £1450 + £1400 joining fee
Croham Hurst £1500 + joining fee

Please don't trouble yourself to let me know exactly how cheap it is oop norf, I'm feeling sick enough as it is looking at these prices..... :(

Aye - but mind all those 'oop north' seem to think that we're all loaded down here - huh! :(