Adidas Shoes

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Little bit of advice needed please. I am looking at some new shoes and after some extensive trying today I am torn between the Adizero and the Adipure motion. I was looking at the footjoy sport but they did not fit correctly.

I have read a couple of stories on here from people that are having problems with Adizero 6-spike, doe that extend to the tour also?

Any advice on the Adizero tour and Adipure motion would be much appreciated.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
find another brand mate, far too many adidas shoes fail in the heel amongst other problems to even contemplate buying them imo

ps, drop me a pm and we'll sort a date out to get another game

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have the adizero tour and they are the best shoes I have ever had. No problems from a happy owner here.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
find another brand mate, far too many adidas shoes fail in the heel amongst other problems to even contemplate buying them imo

I have had 2 pairs of powerband and I currently have a pair of Samba that I have been wearing for the last 9 months. None of them have ever given me any problems, so I find it strange that they are now starting to make crap shoes.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have had 2 pairs of powerband and I currently have a pair of Samba that I have been wearing for the last 9 months. None of them have ever given me any problems, so I find it strange that they are now starting to make crap shoes.

http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/showthread.php?54763-Problems-with-Adizero-Shoes&highlight=adizero

I had several pairs of tour 360s and a pair of adipures that failed badly, all inside 6 mths of use. If you like em go for them mate but personally will never buy adidas shoes again and know plenty who say the same

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site

if they aren't fitted properly, or laced right!, then....."The only problem I had with them is that the heel seemed to slip a bit when walking .." - a quote from elsewhere but commented on here too. At which point they will wear the lining fast - as will any sports shoe with such linings.

I agree - it hardly constitutes the comment provided.

RobRob

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have had 3 pairs of adidas and 2 of them have been really good (adipure's and adipurez) the other pair leaked on the second round (ATV 360's) i think buying shoes is a lottery but our pro shop has started selling ecco and i havent heard anybody have a bad word against them!

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I think Adidas make great shoes. Theyre the most comfy I have tried without doubt. I have 2 pairs of adidas golf shoes and wouldnt hesitate to buy them again, or recommend them to anyone either. The heel lining in some models might start to go before you would expect but it doesnt really affect them or the performance. Go for them mate.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've had powerbands and 360 atv's. the powerbands were good, waterproof and long lasting. That said they always hurt my toes slightly. The atv's were comfy but lasted 6 rounds. The heels wore through like In many other cases, nothing to with how they were laced.

The adizeros look like ballet shoes, the adipure suffer from the same issue as the atv's. save yourself some hassle and buy Ecco !!

T

thecraw

Worn Adidas shoes for years and never had any issues. Any shoe wearing at the heal is caused by bad fitting shoes so you clearly bought them wrongly.

Also for everyone moaning that Adidas are terrible in the wet I wore my 360's for 36 holes at The Carrick this week in wet squelchy conditions and twice I had bone dry feet. Those in the know will tell you how wet The Carrick gets.

I like my Powerband and 360's. The powerbands are lighter to wear.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Worn Adidas shoes for years and never had any issues. Any shoe wearing at the heal is caused by bad fitting shoes so you clearly bought them wrongly.

Not sure abouth that. Mine were really a perfect fit and really comfy straight from the box. The issue was the heel area is made of material not leather/PVC and not robust enough. There have been too many issues with them for it to be user error.

Thought you were a puma man anyway!

T

thecraw

Owned 2 pairs of Puma which have been excellent but over the years my loyalty has been with Adidas. I currently own 3 pairs of Adidas shoes all (touch wood) have done the job without fail.

Wearing at the heal is caused by badly fitted shoes that is fact. The heel moving up and down in the shoes causes the wearing not the material breaking down on its own.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I got adizero 6 spike about a month ago and worn them a fair few times since and they are super comfy and i have had no issues with them. They do fit me like a glove though and are the best fitting shoe ive ever had.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Owned 2 pairs of Puma which have been excellent but over the years my loyalty has been with Adidas. I currently own 3 pairs of Adidas shoes all (touch wood) have done the job without fail.

Wearing at the heal is caused by badly fitted shoes that is fact. The heel moving up and down in the shoes causes the wearing not the material breaking down on its own.

Maybe, how come they refund with no questions if there isn't a recognised problem ? And how come my socks don't have holes in with all that rubbing?:D

I really wanted to like the atv's they were super comfy and look great. I'm not sure the same can be said looks wise for the adizeros

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
No matter how well they fit, if the liner is too spongy, then your foot can move. Addidas shoes have a very spongy lining. It makes them comfortable, but then the heal wears. Not good. I tend to swap the liners to some from other shoes. Daft, but it works. I don't get blisters, and the shoes don't get worn.

That said, I never do the laces up on any of my golf shoes. They are tied once, loose enough to slip on and off. Job done. Can't be bothered tying them again and again.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No matter how well they fit, if the liner is too spongy, then your foot can move. Addidas shoes have a very spongy lining. It makes them comfortable, but then the heal wears. Not good. I tend to swap the liners to some from other shoes. Daft, but it works. I don't get blisters, and the shoes don't get worn.

That said, I never do the laces up on any of my golf shoes. They are tied once, loose enough to slip on and off. Job done. Can't be bothered tying them again and again.

I agree with this, they are like slippers to wear but that causes them to slip at the heal and mine wore out after about 6 rounds.

I do like to look of the new Adidas shoes but i'm put off after last time.

I've got the Nike Lunars now and they are amazing, only slight problem is they seem to smell a little if they get damp or sweaty, i don't have this problem with any other golf shoes or trainers so it might me the materials they use but apart from that i can't fault them.

the hammer

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Little bit of advice needed please. I am looking at some new shoes and after some extensive trying today I am torn between the Adizero and the Adipure motion. I was looking at the footjoy sport but they did not fit correctly.

I have read a couple of stories on here from people that are having problems with Adizero 6-spike, doe that extend to the tour also?

Any advice on the Adizero tour and Adipure motion would be much appreciated.

keep your receipt, and buy from somewhere they can easily be returned to.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
keep your receipt, and buy from somewhere they can easily be returned to.

I like that idea. I was looking on the internet at some really good prices for them both, but hearing mixed opinions makes me a little cautious. Fortunately my pro stocks Adidas, so if I paid a little bit more and got them from him it would be less hassle if they did fail on me. Then I could just change them for a pair of footjoy in his shop instead.

I know that people are having lots of problems with them, but i just love how they feel when they are on my feet. I think I am going to have to have a long hard think today about what to do.

Cheers lads for some great advice like normal.

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Also for everyone moaning that Adidas are terrible in the wet I wore my 360's for 36 holes at The Carrick this week in wet squelchy conditions and twice I had bone dry feet. Those in the know will tell you how wet The Carrick gets.

I like my Powerband and 360's. The powerbands are lighter to wear.

Yup the Carrick is marshy at best!