Adare Manor 2026 Ryder Cup venue

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Watch this space.

Very strongly tipped and as the Irish have shown over the last few years with their own Open plus THE Open this year they have great golf fans that will support big tournaments.

D

Deleted member 21258

We drove past the place on our travelling, some of the course is next to a 'busy' road, so managed to look at it. Looked like a parkland course:D

Given how many americans already travel to the area, why not hold it again in Ireland.

D

Deleted member 15344

It is not somewhere I have heard of before. Can someone give a run down of what it is like, why it has been chosen?
It’s a parkland where someone has spent a lot of money to upgrade the course , it suddenly leapt into the GM rankings very highly above a lot of established outstanding courses . It’s expensive to play and prob more to stay

https://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/courses/top-100-courses/adare-manor-golf-club-course-review-169308

Its not been “officially” announced but as with most of the venues it’s about rotating around Europe and no doubt money. It’s supposed to be challenging the Belfry to host the RC.

They say it’s like Augusta or the closet you find outside the US , it’s exclusive and will be flooded with Americans most of the time.

Some will love it - some won’t

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
It is not somewhere I have heard of before. Can someone give a run down of what it is like, why it has been chosen?

Good transport links, huge piece of property so plenty of space for grand-stands, hotel on-site, big driving range. Ticks all the necessary Ryder Cup boxes. The course itself is one of the last considerations when it comes to these events, first and foremost it has to be able to cope with a huge influx of people. Looks like quite a bit of water and in really good condition, but it's a Ryder Cup course, they're rarely great golf courses anymore, but saying that I know literally nothing about the golf course itself.

Last edited:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
It’s a parkland where someone has spent a lot of money to upgrade the course , it suddenly leapt into the GM rankings very highly above a lot of established outstanding courses . It’s expensive to play and prob more to stay

https://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/courses/top-100-courses/adare-manor-golf-club-course-review-169308

Its not been “officially” announced but as with most of the venues it’s about rotating around Europe and no doubt money. It’s supposed to be challenging the Belfry to host the RC.

They say it’s like Augusta or the closet you find outside the US , it’s exclusive and will be flooded with Americans most of the time.

Some will love it - some won’t

Amazing what money can do when it comes to "advertising space and rankings".

😉

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It has held Irish Opens previously (a good few years ago in 2008).

A lot of money was spent upgrading it and they had a star studded opening with a lot of the big names there.

It also holds a JP McManus pro am which brings in big names, Tiger played it in 2010.

Absolutely extortionate price to play. Around 375 euros per round and you need a caddy which is 70 euro on top.

I remember also looking at rooms there and it was 750 euros per night.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
It has held Irish Opens previously (a good few years ago in 2008).

A lot of money was spent upgrading it and they had a star studded opening with a lot of the big names there.

It also holds a JP McManus pro am which brings in big names, Tiger played it in 2010.

Absolutely extortionate price to play. Around 375 euros per round and you need a caddy which is 70 euro on top.

I remember also looking at rooms there and it was 750 euros per night.

Pocket change.

I'll book 5 nights and 6 rounds of golf, tip the caddy 70 on top of their fee and won't even need to go to the bank I carry that much cash in my wallet.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Underwhelming choice of course to go to another Parkland modern design type course - similar to the Belfry, K Club, Celtic Manor, Gleneagles PGA etc. Given the number of traditional links courses that would / could have been available, and likely would have given Europe a slight competitive advantage.

However no doubt the Irish and Limerick people will ensure a great atmosphere and a great occasion.

I guess this is the business model - get a big resort course, spend a packet on securing the Ryder Cup, then inflate the green fee revenue over the next 20 years to make a huge profit.

I'd also have thought that England was due a shot at this, given the number of Ryder Cup players they provide and that there may be an English captain - although I'd guess Garcia will be next in line by then.

D

Deleted member 15344

Underwhelming choice of course to go to another Parkland modern design type course - similar to the Belfry, K Club, Celtic Manor, Gleneagles PGA etc. Given the number of traditional links courses that would / could have been available, and likely would have given Europe a slight competitive advantage.

However no doubt the Irish and Limerick people will ensure a great atmosphere and a great occasion.

I guess this is the business model - get a big resort course, spend a packet on securing the Ryder Cup, then inflate the green fee revenue over the next 20 years to make a huge profit.

I'd also have thought that England was due a shot at this, given the number of Ryder Cup players they provide and that there may be an English captain - although I'd guess Garcia will be next in line by then.

The Ryder Cup won’t be played on Links course - i don’t see it being suited , it’s been going to a Resort Parkland for decades now and that’s the course and layout that suits the Ryder Cup

And i would hate to see the price of Adare Manor after the Ryder Cup if they inflate the prices further.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
The Ryder Cup won’t be played on Links course - i don’t see it being suited , it’s been going to a Resort Parkland for decades now and that’s the course and layout that suits the Ryder Cup

And i would hate to see the price of Adare Manor after the Ryder Cup if they inflate the prices further.

I don't see why it is suited or not suited to a particular type of course.

Paris National was a lakes / links style course, albeit completely manufactured, which I think gave Europe a competitive advantage.

It goes to a Parkland due to the commercial decisions made. You could argue at that time of year, in late September, it is actually more suited to a Links Course as heavy rainfall would not cause another Celtic Manor type delay.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Went there years ago, was decent enough, I understand lots of cash has been spent on it now too...
The Cup was due a return to Ireland.... so why not.

The venue tends to be places where the owners will stump up the necessary cash.... E.g. No one would travel to Newport the play the 2010 if it hadn't had the Ryder Cup there, so it might pay for itself eventually

D

Deleted Member 1156

Paris National was a lakes / links style course, albeit completely manufactured, which I think gave Europe a competitive advantage.

It goes to a Parkland due to the commercial decisions made. You could argue at that time of year, in late September, it is actually more suited to a Links Course as heavy rainfall would not cause another Celtic Manor type delay.
Le Golf National is as close to an American style course you can get!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would have liked to have seen it go to a Scandinavian Country, Sweden for example. They produce a lot of golfers, it has not been there before. I don't know if they have a suitable course but that would have been a more interesting choice.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

Lakes/links????

Whit???

D

Deleted member 15344

Paris a links lake ?!?! What the hell

It’s a Open Parkland style course that you see all over the place - nothing like a links course

I would have liked to have seen it go to a Scandinavian Country, Sweden for example. They produce a lot of golfers, it has not been there before. I don't know if they have a suitable course but that would have been a more interesting choice.

Whilst it would be nice - weather would be a big stopper I suspect

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Oof You believe the top coaches, courses etc are anything other than made up?🤣🤣

I think the coaches are somewhat more to due with which ones have the best online exposure...

But the courses, nope. They are properly evaluated. If you were to play Sunningdale, the Brabazon and Turnberry for example you would see why they are highly rated. You’d also still be able to clearly see which ones are better.