A-Z vinyl collection

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Well...I guess that Queen is going to feature heavily today so i'm going to throw in something a bit different with some leather clothing and a sassy attitude I'm going to plump for some Suzi Quattro.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I haven’t got a Q vinyl LP.:eek: Never been a fan of Queen.

I do have a vinyl EP of Q.Tips, Stay the Way You Are, so will play that.(y) B side has Sweet Talk and Looking for Some Action recorded live at the Marquee.

Paul Young on lead vocals.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I do not like queues probably explains why there is none in in my Vinyls (or CD collection)

As per nickjdavis I like Suzi Quattro but never bought any records of hers. Who can forget Can the Can?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I've got a Q!! Some here will have heard of the band - but I am guessing absolutely nobody here will have an album - or indeed will ever have listened to the genre of music.

I give you...the Queens Own Cameron Highlanders with The Pipes and Drums of Scotland (1959)

Now it is tremendous music. But I am very biased in that assessment as there is a tradition of piping in my family - my uncle, cousin and nephew were and are good pipers - and my niece plays the tenor drum in Shotts and Dykehead Caledonia Pipe band. That won't mean anything to most folks on here. But for any who know even a little about pipe bands that's quite impressive. A Grade 1 band and 16 times World Champions.

Pipe music. Tremendous. But I know that most will say they 'hate' it - terrible racket. However - if you have an open and inquiring mind about it - I take this opportunity to post a little clip from the funeral of the Queen Mother.

It's just shot by a member of the public and it's a bit obscured by bobbies at times - but for me the sight and sound is awesome - as the massed pipes and drums come round the bend with Houses of Parliament in the background marching together in perfect step playing the QMs favourite tunes (with the bell of Westminster Abbey tolling) - and they get closer and the sound builds - I find this absolutely thrilling and very moving...

Last edited:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
So today had a bit of Queen (Sheer Heart Attack & A Night .... ) then swapped to Suzi Quatro - a bit bland & a bit "same-y but entertaining enough whilst stripping paint off the door frame

D

Deleted member 1147

So today had a bit of Queen (Sheer Heart Attack & A Night .... ) then swapped to Suzi Quatro - a bit bland & a bit "same-y but entertaining enough whilst stripping paint off the door frame
Good choice of Queen albums, Sheer Heart Attack is my personal favourite!

IanMcC

Visit site
This list fails to include the one Q band (in addition to Queen) that I have:
Quiet Sun (Phil Manzanera's band before Roxy Music, they got back together to record an album "Mainstream" after he became successful with Roxy).
PS. The music on "Mainstream" is anything but.

No Queens Of The Stone Age or Quiet Riot, the 2 other Q bands that I have on non vinyl. Shoddy....;)

D

Deleted member 1147

R?
The Stones
REO Speedwagon
Rage against the machine
Ralph McTell (?)
Roxy Music
Rodrigo y Gabriella

Some of the above should suffice ?