A-Z vinyl collection

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Well as predicted the O songs remained the same...

3rd - OMD with Architecture & Morality (1981) - iconic at the time and holds up well today
2nd - The O’Jays with Family Reunion (1975) - classic R&B sound of Philadelphia...
1st - Mike Oldfield with Ommadawn (1975) - could hardly be more different from my 2nd place of the same year. After the ‘difficult’ 2nd album‘ that was Hergest Ridge - this was just awesome - I loved it then and I love it now.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
My "P's" were limited to The Pirates and The Pointer Sisters (not very close on the musical spectrum I fear). Can't claim Pink Floyd as I just borrowed my brothers rather than bought them myself. So today will be to stream Richart's choice (who I dont think I've heard of) then a quick dose of Out Of Their Skulls from the Pirates

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With out doubt Pink Floyd for me. It is the only band that I had an almost complete collection of all vinyl releases (as well as as many CD releases).

In one way the head says Dark Side of the Moon but the heart has to go with Wish You Were Here

Memories of Knebworth the summer before it's release and it was bought on the day of its release in September when on honeymoon.

The actual track Wish You Were Here is very poignant to me and always bring tears to my eyes when listening to it since my wife's death.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My Ps are very broad - but I don't have my favourite PF on vinyl - likewise for my favourite Prefab Sprout - and if I'd had them on vinyl my faves from both would have been top 3 - but vinyl is the name of the game. It's not going to be my Poco album (ggod as it is) and I have to give a listen to my one Graham Parker and the Rumour album (Stick to Me) as I haven't listened to it for yonks.

Last edited:

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Was very tempted by Vanessa Paradis and The Pretenders but I've gone for a day of Pulp the highlight of which will be the fantastic album His "n" Hers.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Well, plenty of Floyd and PJam today...
Most satisfying.
So......Q.......
Not really a huge Queen gan so none of their stuff in my collection
Could be Quarterflash, QOTSA......
Nah....got to be Queensryche......Empire and Operation Mindcrime should suffice...
What's everyone else's Q..?

IanMcC

Visit site
After extensive searching through old vinyl, disappointed to say the only thing I have is an old Queen single, all be it probably one of their best. Now I'm Here.

D

Deleted member 1147

Queen , Queen 2, Sheer Heart Attack, etc etc

In other words; tomorrow I’ll be mostly listening to Queen!
?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yesterday’s Difficult Ps

3rd - Pretenders - The Singles (1987). So good Chrissie Hynde.
2nd - The Proclaimers - Sunshine on Leith (1988) - 500 miles might be sung at weddings but its 25000 Hibees fans singing the title track that is more fun. Great film as well.
1st - Pink Floyd - Animals (1977). Not my favourite PF album but my only post DSoTM vinyl. And it’s still brilliant.

Qs are going to be difficult. As I don’t think I have any. Going to have to be creative. Might have something 7”

Last edited:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Well, we appear to only have Queen in the Q section... however we are rich in S's... to break it up I might just put some Quo in the mix & throw myself upon the mercy of the court. :LOL::LOL: