A to Z E.D.M.

RichA

Visit site
A bit modern and commercial, compared to my usual tastes, but it cheers me up. The video makes me think of sitting in cars queuing up to get into various fields in the early 90s.

RichA

Visit site
As this is an AtoZ, I guess there's no reason it shouldn't be inclusive.
A couple more from a few years ago, when there were a few tracks being played on commercial radio that could easily have been popular on the 90s scene...

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The closing set by Sasha at the Leeds love parade in 2000 is just about the best set I've seen live. Only it was a bit short.

There are versions with better audio on YouTube, but this just about captures the madness of the day.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
As this is an AtoZ, I guess there's no reason it shouldn't be inclusive.
A couple more from a few years ago, when there were a few tracks being played on commercial radio that could easily have been popular on the 90s scene...
It started as an A to Z during lockdown 1 boredom, and as a spin off to the more "crusty" A to Z elsewhere on the forum. Mind to a few of us (me definitely) it took a while to recall and dig stuff out, so we had a bit of a 2nd run. Since then it has happily morphed as threads do, and always brings me a smile when I see it on the boards - chance to drop and listen to a few things.
I think a lot of us viewed commercial success as a bit of a bad thing, which looking back maybe doesn't make that much sense. Guess it was "our club" and not for the masses.
For the record, I enjoyed those ?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Continuing that theme, I'm wondering whether some 'guilty pleasure' posts might be worth a go.
Greig do keep the layered/melodic techno coming (if that's not a really bad attempt to explain) ?.
I was thinking of the stuff you probably didn't buy, wasn't on the A to Z ,maybe is at the more commercial end of the vast spectrum but has grown on you or whatever.

Here's one that for some reason makes me think of warm summer

#guiltypleasure #dontjudgeme ?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well, if it's guilty pleasures we are talking then I would have to put this up there. For e one of the best early examples of using synth hooks and the hook in the last 40-50 seconds is brilliant.

Revolutionary at the time and if released today would destroy half the crap that's out there masquerading as electronic "music".

Not to mention that Neneh is just amazing.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
My guilty pleasure is cheesy 80s sing along pop music and britpop. But don't tell anyone.

Other than Happy Hardcore. There isn't much of the wider dance genre I won't listen to. Early 90s house and Rave being my favourites.

I also listen to a lot of heavy metal and rap.