A to Z E.D.M.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As far as I know they are. People Can Fly and Mahedava are great tracks. It was the Trust in Trance series that I have been listening to recently.

"You may think that you can fly, but you better not try..." :D
Do you know that it’s actually a quote from a less known film within Brad Pitt starring as a serial killer? ;)

The Dog.

Visit site
I love this thread. I am new here but not new to EDM. How lovely to see so much passion and interest in this subject on a golf forum!!!!

I skimmed the 21 pages of this thread pretty quickly and enjoyed doing so. I might be wrong but one glaring omission under M is Moloko with Yeke Yeke.

I love Above and Beyond and all things Anjunabeats.
Great track.

Just wondering if the collective here are familiar with the work of Nora En Pure? Here is a good intro:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I love this thread. I am new here but not new to EDM. How lovely to see so much passion and interest in this subject on a golf forum!!!!

I skimmed the 21 pages of this thread pretty quickly and enjoyed doing so. I might be wrong but one glaring omission under M is Moloko with Yeke Yeke.

I love Above and Beyond and all things Anjunabeats.
Great track.

Just wondering if the collective here are familiar with the work of Nora En Pure? Here is a good intro:

Did you mean Mory Kante's "Yeke Yeke"? Moloko were more trip-hop were they not?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Were they not Sing It Back and The time is now guys? More of Ellis-Bextor type dance-pop? ;)

They were indeed, well eventually. But they started it in the Acid Jazz & Trip-Hop camp first and some of the early stuff was... questionable at best :ROFLMAO:.

Spiller was the Ellis-Bextor vehicle. 1998/1999 had a lot to answer for in the dance-pop/crap space between Moloko, Mojo, Spiller and Stardust to name a few.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got some training materials to write today so got my background playlist sorted.

Amongst the gems I've got;

Sean Tyas Pres. Logistic - One More Night Out
Marksun & Brian - Gran Rey (Ronski Speed Remix)
CERN - The Message (Northern Mix)
Escade - Shuffle Royale (Alphazone Remix)
Airwave - Alone in The Dark
Yotto - Aviate
Summer Channel Feat. Fisher - A Thousand Miles (DJ Cobra & Brian Howe Remix)
RAM - RAMsterdam (Jorn van Deynhoven Remix)
Venetica - The Things we Left Behind
Claudia Cazacu Feat. Audrey Gallagher - Freefalling
Ryan G - Emoticon
Savon - One Million Strings (Andy Jay Powel Remix)

And then on the harder trip;

NosFeratu - Inspiration Vibes
NosFeratu - Artcore DNA
The Playah - On The Edge
Angerfist - Anticipate
Dr Peacock & Sefa - The Universe
Bass X - Atomic
Art of Fighters - Earthquake
Chosen Few - Veritas
Frankfurt Terror Corps - Steal It & Deal It
Distorted Revelation - Mr Ryan
Wedlock Vs Comababy - Void Sector
Advanced Dealers - Now or Never

It's going to be a very musical day.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Enjoyed this whist report writing this morning.

Not bad, but tunes aside. As a DJ of 30 years it rips my knitting seeing them constantly playing about with levels to make it look like they're doing something. Constantly nudging a gain or a mid or low here and there that does nowt.
Back in the day cueing and holding/running back the vinyl was what kept the hands busy but they don't have that anymore with auto cue and digital syncing.

Sorry, total old guy rant on the young guy thread :ROFLMAO:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Not bad, but tunes aside. As a DJ of 30 years it rips my knitting seeing them constantly playing about with levels to make it look like they're doing something. Constantly nudging a gain or a mid or low here and there that does nowt.
Back in the day cueing and holding/running back the vinyl was what kept the hands busy but they don't have that anymore with auto cue and digital syncing.

Sorry, total old guy rant on the young guy thread :ROFLMAO:

No need to apologise. The lass has clearly spent an hour bobbing up and down, twiddling knobs and smiling nicely at the camera just to put a video of anset on YouTube.

Currently listening to a Miss Monique video where exactly the same thing is happening.

Back in the late 90s there was a Ministry of Sound night at my local nightclub. Can't remember which famous DJ turned up. But he just played the CD off his set from the latest album release. It was comedy watching him pretend to mix and occasionally just not bother.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No need to apologise. The lass has clearly spent an hour bobbing up and down, twiddling knobs and smiling nicely at the camera just to put a video of anset on YouTube.

Currently listening to a Miss Monique video where exactly the same thing is happening.

Back in the late 90s there was a Ministry of Sound night at my local nightclub. Can't remember which famous DJ turned up. But he just played the CD off his set from the latest album release. It was comedy watching him pretend to mix and occasionally just not bother.
The worst I thought were so called Live performances when a musician was playing his tracks off the computer with an occasional effect applied.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
With the chat about technology and what is live etc., thought I'd link this in.
Expect it will insult a few ears, some of it does mine. But I like the rawness of it, the jeopardy when it may not be quite working but they push on through anyway (bit like my mixing back in the day ?).
Apparently the machines are reset each time so they start from scratch (not totally convinced but hey)