A rec button on posts

FaldosJumper

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I haven't had a proper look at the old posts so not sure if this has been mentioned but instead of having to reply to a post to say I agree and nothing more, why don't we have a rec or recommend button. Any thoughts or even a thumbs up/down option.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
The forum software is 6 years old, it doesnt have newer features. I dont know why we need the likes of that though, search is usually good enough if you know what you are looking for.

FaldosJumper

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The forum software is 6 years old, it doesnt have newer features. I dont know why we need the likes of that though, search is usually good enough if you know what you are looking for.

The rec button was for acknowledging a post as having a good point not in searching the forum... Or have is misunderstood your reply?

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Some forum software can index your likes etc, if you were looking to go over your old likes for maybe a reference then you can search them, if you plainly just want to acknowledge a helpful post, then post it and say why, its a lot more gratifying to the original poster than a thumbs up.

Naybrains

Tour Rookie
Visit site

The rec button was for acknowledging a post as having a good point not in searching the forum... Or have is misunderstood your reply?

Wow Mr/Mrs Faldo's Jumper...your popping up all over the place!! you aint half going for it. Thats you up 56 posts, your obviously desperate to get these putters on the for sale section.

FaldosJumper

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Lol it's called embracing the forum :s

And trying to make it more how I want it... Some would say I'm just showing how flawed the rulings are when common sense should be applied. I of course wouldn't and am quite enjoying taking part, how many posts is that now? :D

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Lol it's called embracing the forum :s

And trying to make it more how I want it... Some would say I'm just showing how flawed the rulings are when common sense should be applied. I of course wouldn't and am quite enjoying taking part, how many posts is that now? :D

63 posts minus 45 tripe ones, only another 500 to go sunshine! :D

FaldosJumper

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ha ha ha... It's only tripe 'cause you don't like the idea of a simply click to like, no you want a click reply, think of something nice to say, commit, check the post looks ok then click post and wait for the thread to update... Life's too short ;)

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wow Mr/Mrs Faldo's Jumper...your popping up all over the place!! you aint half going for it. Thats you up 56 posts, your obviously desperate to get these putters on the for sale section.

He'll go to all this trouble and then no-one will buy the putters..... :(

FaldosJumper

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ha ha ha, everyone wants a Scotty! Whether they can use it of course is a different matter but people love 'em in their bag!! How's the sales pitch sound? It's the other 2 I'm selling that I'll struggle with :)

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I think there should be a thank you button, you click it to thank someone for their post or comment, your name appears immediately below the post and the number of times you've thanked someone appears at your name, gets to show the helpful people on a forum.

To see what I mean visit www.avforums.com