A hole in one

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
A PP has just txt me to say he has just got a hole in one. Am in mablethorpe. Told Missis T. She said “where”. I said” the 5th”. After a pause she said
“ thats a week last friday, he took some time Telling you”. 😂

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
A PP has just txt me to say he has just got a hole in one. Am in mablethorpe. Told Missis T. She said “where”. I said” the 5th”. After a pause she said
“ thats a week last friday, he took some time Telling you”. 😂

Quality. I'd expect nothing less from my missis too.

On another note, did you know Seve only ever got one hole in one?

Tashyboy

Visit site
If I ever get one (although given my current performances on par 3's not likely) then fear not, I wouldn't be so slow coming forward. Was the PP equally as slow getting the drinks in
Dont know. Am on holiday and he broke his neck to send me a photo and txt. 😁

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Never had one my self had a couple of pitch marks inches away from the flag but that’s about it .

I witnessed my dad have a hole in 1 with a 9 iron on a short par 3 on our old home course when I was a junior it dropped about 2 ft past the flag and spun back into the hole I’ve never seen him jump about like that before 😂🏌️‍♂️

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I arranged to meet three tennis pals on Thursday last week, they now play golf on Thursday mornings and are fairly new to it all, they arrived at my office we had a chat and then went out for lunch, it wasn't until we were having a drink when one of the guys said 'Steve got a hole in one this morning', I was to say the least astounded but Steve was nonplussed by it all and simply said I would rather be able to hit the ball a bit more consistently, I tried to explain that a hole in one is a much coveted achievement but he wasn't buying it, 'I just wish I was a bit better' was his refrain. It takes all sorts !!!

D

Deleted member 23344

One of my regular PPs has had two in the 10 years that we have been playing. I have never had one, even though I’m a better player than him by a few strokes and I play far more often than he does as well. I’ve never been that close either, if I’m honest. He was quite blasé each time he aced too. You can go off people.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I arranged to meet three tennis pals on Thursday last week, they now play golf on Thursday mornings and are fairly new to it all, they arrived at my office we had a chat and then went out for lunch, it wasn't until we were having a drink when one of the guys said 'Steve got a hole in one this morning', I was to say the least astounded but Steve was nonplussed by it all and simply said I would rather be able to hit the ball a bit more consistently, I tried to explain that a hole in one is a much coveted achievement but he wasn't buying it, 'I just wish I was a bit better' was his refrain. It takes all sorts !!!
Haha, a hole in one is one of those things that transcends golf and golfers a bit, but to the initiated it's hard to realise it's significance. Often if you tell someone who doesn't play that you play golf, they'll ask if you've had one, and look slightly disappointed when you say no. As if they're thinking "he plays golf and hasn't had a hole in one? He must be pretty rubbish."

In fairness, my reaction may depend on what it was like it I ever got one. If I hit it nice and it goes in I'd be delighted, but say if I thinned it, and it hit the pin and dropped, I'd probably just find it more amusing than anything.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Haha, a hole in one is one of those things that transcends golf and golfers a bit, but to the initiated it's hard to realise it's significance. Often if you tell someone who doesn't play that you play golf, they'll ask if you've had one, and look slightly disappointed when you say no. As if they're thinking "he plays golf and hasn't had a hole in one? He must be pretty rubbish."

In fairness, my reaction may depend on what it was like it I ever got one. If I hit it nice and it goes in I'd be delighted, but say if I thinned it, and it hit the pin and dropped, I'd probably just find it more amusing than anything.
Thing is though Ori. I dont play snooker or darts but I know ehat a 147 or 501 is and would be chuffed with either. Same as a hat trick ot a triple salko. 😁

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thing is though Ori. I dont play snooker or darts but I know ehat a 147 or 501 is and would be chuffed with either. Same as a hat trick ot a triple salko. 😁

A hole in one can be lucky but you don’t get 147 with a bit of luck.
Some golfers never get one in a lifetime.