A hole in one

HamiltonGuy

Visit site
I mean if you’re aiming for the hole and it goes in that’s ability and skill not luck :ROFLMAO: played with a guy who thinned one bounced up out the bunker couldn’t find it his ball needless to say you know where it was. I can assure you it was the ugliest hole in one and we didn’t even get to see it

NearHull

Visit site
Played Kirriemuir (Perthshire?) a few times , the seventh or eight is a uphill 140 ish par 3. There is a plaque by the side of the tee that gives the names of two players who halved the hole in one! Some odds for that to happen.

It’s actually in Angus.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
A hole in one can be lucky but you don’t get 147 with a bit of luck.
Some golfers never get one in a lifetime.
When i get my hole in one. I took into consideration the wind, distance, cut of grass the slope of the green pin position and am gonna skilfully knob it off the tee with the wrong club for a totally skilful Hole in one. 😁

Wolf

Visit site
I've been close a few times but never had that bit of luck to actually have one. My dad's been playing 40 odd years and never had one, my brother 30 years playi g never had one. Maybe we're not destined to but I'd love to be the first in my family.

I've seen some good ones from PP but I've seen some horrendous ones to, worst was 18th hole at my old course, lad hit a terrible shot about 20 yards right of the green hit a tree and ricocheted off just missing the pond, landed on the green and rolled all way across and in the hole.

HamiltonGuy

Visit site

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Strange things happen, I was playing in our club singles KO last night, the 2nd hole my opponent drained a 60 foot downhill putt from the top to lower tier, oh well I thought that sort of luck can't continue, 3 holes later he hits a fairly scabby shot to the Par 3 (190 yards) which never got above about 10' above the ground, it pitched about 60 yards short of the green and started rolling towards the hole, bugger I thought that will be closer than the shot deserves, my own tee shot was just off the green, as we approach the hole I cannot see a ball on the green, my opponent says it must have rolled thro', I was not so confident of that so a quick walk to the hole and sure enough there it is !!!! Of course I congratulated him (and then thought this really isn't going to be my day) and on we played, sure enough I lost. No sour grapes but it was the luckiest hole in one I have seen!!!

Scozzy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Have one in 35 yrs of playing, wasn't my best strike but was always tracking and pin was behind bunker so couldn't see till we got there.Very pleased and still have the ball,best bit tho is my PP was my bro in law and he still has to hear about it now when we catch up,not that I mention it......