A Handicap Question Please.

Captain_Black

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Hi all.
As a new player last year, after a couple of months of practice & lessons I put in 3x cards & was given a Handicap of 22.0.
Since then, I have been working on my swing & all round game, I still had a few issues with the driver but overall my game has improved massively.

I feel as though I am now capable of hitting a reasonable score, I am not over confidant though, I just know that my game as a whole has improved a huge amount.

So my question is.
If I were to play a good round in a Medal, would the club base my new Handicap on that round, or would I have to play a few good rounds in Medals before there would be a substantial cut in my Handicap?
Or do they just cut it by small amounts until it levels out?

Thanks.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Now you have a handicap it will only change fromnresults of competition rounds or pre designate supplementary rounds (basically you declare a qualifying before you start) if you over your handicap you gain 0.1 if you are under you will be cut 0.3 (I think) for you category. There is also a competition variable CSS which can moved the days par score up or down.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
As you are in Category 4 (21-28) any adjustment down will be in lumps of 0.4 until you get to 20.4 (Cat 3) then in lumps of 0.3. If you exceed the CSS by more than 4 shots (your Category) you go up 0.1.

Enjoy

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Now you have a handicap, it will be adjusted after every round you play - as long as it's a qualifier, and provided you're outside the buffer zone. As descibed above buffer zone for cat 4 is net level to 4 over - based on CSS. You get cut for every shot played better than CSS