A first on the golf course yesterday

Boomy

Visit site
Are you really bored? ?

I found a yellow Z-star the other week, as new condition as well. It really made my day as I’d been wanting to try the Z-star.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
It's a law of nature that you never lose rubbish balls, only good ones.
Therefore when you find a ball that someone else has lost, it's likely to be a good one.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Found a Pro V1 golf ball! Usually always find top flites or slazengers! what is the best ball you have found?

Played at wanstead golf club once

I found 10 pro v 1s on the way round .. all just in the first cut

It was like the person didn't even look for then

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’ve had a few Pro v1’s in with a bucket of range balls recently

Always makes me chuckle imagining the golfer desperate to finish on a good one and nothing but Pro V1s in the bag!

Tip - always have a couple of rubbish balls in the bag when heading to the range...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've found ProV1s plenty of times, but I usually leave them there or offer them to my playing partners since I don't use them myself.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Always makes me chuckle imagining the golfer desperate to finish on a good one and nothing but Pro V1s in the bag!

Tip - always have a couple of rubbish balls in the bag when heading to the range...

I heard on Rick shiels podcast when he had another coach on that the amount of people who leave the last ball at the range or take extras is defeating the objective

That last ball is the most important, it's the nearest thing to on the course pressure you will get. Knowing it's the one shot you have pressure on to achieve

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I heard on Rick shiels podcast when he had another coach on that the amount of people who leave the last ball at the range or take extras is defeating the objective

That last ball is the most important, it's the nearest thing to on the course pressure you will get. Knowing it's the one shot you have pressure on to achieve
When I used to go to the driving range, if the last one was crud you could usually just run forward about 5 yards and grab another ball that someone had topped earlier on. :LOL: Or I had topped earlier on. :(

RichA

Visit site
Good found balls go in the bag for future use. Less good ones go in a separate pocket to use for my last 6 shots at the range. Always nice to finish a range session driving balls that are capable of hitting the bank at the back.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
The second cut is again so brutal at our place that, rather than lose good balls, a number of our more frugal members no longer buy their own ammo.

Hence when I now search for my own ball, rather than finding Pro V 1’s, I’m more likely to find range balls in the cabbage.

I kid you not.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Last year, on my own course in Leicestershire, I found a brand new Titliest (summat-or-other) with Pennard GC logo. I was a junior member of Pennard in 1972. I am strangely fascinated by this. Just keeping it in my tee peg box in the garage.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Always a bonus to play near the end on a corporate day. Lots of lovely new, high end golf balls to be found ?. A prov1 always brings a smile even though I'm not a particular fan. There is just something about them though, you know they are the most expensive ball out there so finding one feels like a win.

One of the best collecting days I've had was playing behind two guys who had bought a box of Taylormade balls in the pro shop, don't remember the model, and proceeded to lose them regularly throughout their round. They were awful searchers, we picked up plenty ?.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I've got a few.
Played one for a few holes and it was very soft, mushy even.
I think there must have been various types over the years as I remember them being as hard as rock.
I only remember the softish-feel ones. Impossible to cut-a-smiley as you could to Dunlop 65s and the like. Loads and loads of roll which I needed when I was a nipper.
Dad would buy a dozen and give me and my brother three each.