A first on the golf course yesterday

sunshine

Visit site
What a thread :ROFLMAO:

Think we need to take this to the next level. I once found an orange and black striped long tee, tiger stripes it looked really cool. What is the best tee you have found?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

Think we need to take this to the next level. I once found an orange and black striped long tee, tiger stripes it looked really cool. What is the best tee you have found?

I once found one of those with tees with bristles on the top that make your tee shots go 10 yards further. But it snapped ?

I never use balls that I find on the course. I'm superstitious that the ball wants to be lost so will try to escape from me too. (really I only play the same make of ball so will keep any I find of those)
If its a decent premium ball I give them to a playing partner. If its a decent none premium ball I save them for the boy. Everything else gets left where it is.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Found a Pro V1 golf ball! Usually always find top flites or slazengers! what is the best ball you have found?
I think you found one of the best marketed and probably most expensive golf balls.
My best find was a new Srixon Soft Feel which I tried, liked, and on flight scope tests showed that I had better spin rates, giving better dispersion and no loss of distance. So much so, that I now play the Ultisoft, which has really low compression, is inexpensive and the minimal loss of distance is compensated by rarely being in the cabbage.
So the best ball I found was the one that led me to the one I play now.

RichA

Visit site
I never use balls that I find on the course. I'm superstitious that the ball wants to be lost so will try to escape from me too. (really I only play the same make of ball so will keep any I find of those)
If its a decent premium ball I give them to a playing partner. If its a decent none premium ball I save them for the boy. Everything else gets left where it is.
Briefly used a found bright green Nike ball that brought me nothing but bad luck. Eventually left it in the middle of a fairway. It was still there 24 hours later. Everyone else obviously already knew it was cursed.

Recently found a couple of TP5x and ProV1x balls. Always thought premium balls were a waste of money. Unbelievable how much further they drive than the mid-range soft balls I use.

sunshine

Visit site
How could I forget - I once found a tee with my name on it. It's a wooden one so I have never brought myself to use it, it's been in my golf bag over ten years.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

I love a course branded tee. Close House give them out for free so you often find them around other courses after people have played there and then picked up a handful. They do a quality tee there ;)

RoninPanda

Visit site
I found a TP5x last week, used it and made a great par (I'm still trying to break 100 so a par feels special).

Put it in the water on the following hole so there might be something in balls wanting to be lost.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last year (or maybe the year before) my mate and I were playing at Huntswood, and he found a golf ball in the rough with 'Haste Hill' printed on it - Haste Hill being our home club at the time. Quite a coincidence, it turned out our captain, club sec and one or two others were all playing there as well that day. :LOL:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I once found one of those balls that is so bright it takes the back of your eyes out..impossible to lose..
It also has an extra on it.
When lost a small flag appears above the grass waving at you so you can't lose it....

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Embarrassingly i mostly find my own golf balls from previous rounds :( i did however once find the captains pro v1, that had a little extra joy in the find, they are human!

D

Deleted member 1147

I found loads of ball the other day; this other guy's bag was full of them...Titleists, Taylormades, Callaways, Srixons, you name it...he was a very angry man:mad:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I found an American big ball (it was a Titleist) on the par 4 17th (now 18th) of Deaconsbank G.C. in Glasgow. It was about 1972 and it was the first big ball, and first Titleist, I’d ever seen.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Found a ball with "Benos stag do Portugal" on it. If Benos on the forum pm me your address and I'll get it back to you. ?

peld

Visit site
i use ProV1s/TP5s/Chromesofts as my "match ball" when im playing in a medal.
Yet, to this day, I have never bought a box of them, and still got plenty in the garage :ROFLMAO:

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site

All of them.
Never, ever bought a tee in over 50 years of playing golf.
I wait till I've got 100 all the same colour and size and then put them on a table in the clubhouse for people to help themselves.
Got close to 100 pink ones again and about 60 of the larger orange ones.

sunshine

Visit site
I love a course branded tee. Close House give them out for free so you often find them around other courses after people have played there and then picked up a handful. They do a quality tee there ;)

Yes, I always grab a handful of branded tees when I play a posh course. Often find "The Grove" tees lying around in my neck of the woods.

I've got a packet of QPR tees still going strong. My mate had some LIVERPOOL tees once, very flimsy they all broke after one hit, he was down to the bare bones half way through the round :LOL: