95% allowance.

wjemather

Visit site
I don't believe Course Rating as a process is concerned with par.
Indeed, but with the introduction of WHS, (under the jurisdiction of the USGA, EGA, and others) Course Handicap is now concerned with par, and so the definition in the rating process has been affected.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My last qualifying score was 5.2 over CR. A differential of 4.6 was achieved.

I really do no longer consider par or stableford points as an indication (to me) of my performance.

If stableford ceased to exist, or had never been invented, I think most people would think the way I do now.

But it does exist and people choose to let it dominate their thinking.

Stableford is fun. Not counting some of your bad shots - what a wheeze. That is what makes it appealing.
When putting in a card I’ve stopped bothering about my Stableford score. I was never much bothered about it in any case other than when it was a stableford comp. And the CR is more at the forefront of my thinking than course SSS ever was.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll bow to rulefan on this, but as far as I know there was always a decimal point in the calculations, and the SSS was the rounded version
On checking back, you are correct. The calculation resulted in a decimal and was then rounded conventionally. This was never revealed to the club or anyone outside the EGU.