910D owners

Mick47

Head Pro
Visit site
Ok my crap alinement apart, is any one else finding that if you set it to more fade to straighten a pull the pull becomes a hook. Hitting it miles but 5 out of 10 are left of the fareway 3 are straight the other two are right. I know it's me, not the driver but I'm confused at the effect the settings have on the shot.

A

Alex1975

My bad shot would be a slice but I have my 910F set to C1(full open) as I need to get the sole flat, I then bring the club back square at address. That is how Titleist would like the fitting system to work. They do write "Fade" and "draw" on the matrix but they have recently also added "Flat" and "Upright" as that is a more acurate description of how that tech works, they expect you to move the ball, not the club in for form of offset.

Mick47

Head Pro
Visit site
My bad shot would be a slice but I have my 910F set to C1(full open) as I need to get the sole flat, I then bring the club back square at address. That is how Titleist would like the fitting system to work. They do write "Fade" and "draw" on the matrix but they have recently also added "Flat" and "Upright" as that is a more acurate description of how that tech works, they expect you to move the ball, not the club in for form of offset.

Mmm That made me think about ball position, I just set myself up with the driver, the ball on my left heal as usual and I noticed that my shoulders are pointing left of the target so maybe I should move the ball back in my stance or close the stance to aline shoulders with target before I do any more twiddling with the settings.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Or pull your right shoulder back at address so they're aiming straight?

If your shoulders are aiming left and you swing along that line with a square (to the target) club, you'll fade (or slice) the ball.
If you then close the face, the club will be closed but straight with your swing path, and you'll pull the ball left.

I had issues with the adjustments on the club to start with. My fitting told me to have it adjusted for extra loft, but on neutral the club looked closed to me because adjusting the loft also adjusts the lie angle and the way the club sits on the ground (I'm short, and my irons are all 2deg flat).

I've now set it back to A1 without adjusting for fade/draw, and it looks square to me at address now.

Mick47

Head Pro
Visit site
Or pull your right shoulder back at address so they're aiming straight?

If your shoulders are aiming left and you swing along that line with a square (to the target) club, you'll fade (or slice) the ball.
If you then close the face, the club will be closed but straight with your swing path, and you'll pull the ball left.

I had issues with the adjustments on the club to start with. My fitting told me to have it adjusted for extra loft, but on neutral the club looked closed to me because adjusting the loft also adjusts the lie angle and the way the club sits on the ground (I'm short, and my irons are all 2deg flat).

I've now set it back to A1 without adjusting for fade/draw, and it looks square to me at address now.

I've tried various settings and settled on D4 (extra loft) and that seems the best for me, I think it's likely to be more of an alinement issue than a setting one but I am curious to know other owners experiences with the settings.

A

Alex1975

I am regular hight but my hands are quite low at address and found I was only scraching the heal of the sole of the club at impact so had to open/flatten the club.

Btw: They come with 0.5* open as standard at A1. I guess you know that though.

Mick47

Head Pro
Visit site
Not into willy waving but I've gone from maybe 240yds to nearer 300yds since I got the club and I'm rearly chuffed with it, just need to get the direction right and learn to use my irons and wedges, maybe get some putting lessons. Oh and find out what course management means, then I'll be the oldest pro on the circuit. :D

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I am regular hight but my hands are quite low at address and found I was only scraching the heal of the sole of the club at impact so had to open/flatten the club.

I thought opening it made it more upright?

That would have explained why the club looked more open to me at my address position the more I closed (flattened) it?

Has anyone got a link to the chart that includes lie angle on it?

Btw: They come with 0.5* open as standard at A1. I guess you know that though.

Yeah. I came from a 909 so I guess I meant it looked more 'normal' to me.

Mick47

Head Pro
Visit site
Ok have I got this right,
when you say upright or flat are you talking about the angle of the clubface in relation to the ground.(which I thought was loft) or do you mean the angle of the shaft (when looked at from the balls position?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think thats very likely Gary.

Ive not played about with mine too much but when I was fit I was fit as B2, not to close the face but to be slightly more upright. Shame I couldnt get my head around it as such because in my head the clubface was closed and I kept compensating for this and hitting a lot of block and block cuts leaving the clubface way open (doesnt help all the trouble is left on my home course).

Have now gone back to A1 and am very aware of the difference, have more confidence that I can fully release the club rather than holding it off as I was before.

That said I probably only hit it 2 or 3 times a round, our course is running way too fast which doesnt help with the consistency, mondays scramble should be fun, get to hit it 12 or 13 times :)

A

Alex1975

When Steve and I first talking about this it was over MSN and on the phone and it took me ages to get my head round it. In the end I took a candle and put it on the ground marking the face angle with tape on the carpet. I then took a photo, changed the club settings and took another photo.

I could see the light from the candle behind as I raised and lowered the lie angle. The face did also open and close but that was just with the club sat on its own, not in my hands.

I then watched some video on the Titleist website, no idea where I found it and it was from the designer of the SureFit and the head of club design or something. They say on the video that because of the shape of the sole, that club will open and close but that that is not what the system is for and that the system is simply to remove the need to always be bending clubs like they have to on tour trucks. They went on to say that they expect that players using Titleist would be the sort to angle the face where they want at address rather than where it sits on the ground.

Anyway, im going on a bit but I wanted to really understand it if I was going to play with it (and I was always going to play with it) and it bent my mind at 1st to think that my best setting was open when I am a slicer but its not open when you close it hu.