6 Hole Golf.....

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My present situation, and one that’s been the case for the last 5 years or so, is that I just don’t have time for golf. My working hours are fairly long and having a young family I struggle to get away regularly at weekends for a full round. I occasionally go to the driving range however I must admit that bores me and I don’t really think it does me any favours with improving. I also really miss being a member of a club however the cost per round just got to the point where it wasn’t financially viable to continue.

Anyway, I know this won’t be to everyone’s tastes however I found a local course to me that only has 6 holes, Pachesham Golf Centre! They market themselves as ‘Hour Golf’ and so I took myself down there today with pretty low expectations thinking it would be a glorified pitch and putt. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised. The course is made up of 6 decent length holes…
  • 351/333 Par 4
  • 289/263 Par 4
  • 361/344 Par 4
  • 164/154 Par 3
  • 367/343 Par 4
  • 509/486 Par 5
They only allow 2 balls to ensure that they keep the rounds moving, the tee times are 10 minutes apart and it’s £10.00 a round. The course is kept in really good nick and I got a tee time with ease. We went round in a shade over an hour which was mainly due to our rustiness however it was really enjoyable. I would obviously prefer a full round and would choose 18 over 6 any day if time allowed however being able to play ‘proper golf’ a couple of times a week at this place will really fill the hole I have of not being able to play regularly.

Aside from the course they have a Toptracer range and a really decent short game area for practice. As I said, it’s obviously not going to be everyone’s cup of tea however I thought it was a really good idea for those of us who are time poor.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If it suits your lifestyle and keeps you in the game it’s a great idea.
We have a loop of 5 holes on our course I play it often and then a hour practicing .
With young kids if that’s all you can play it’s a good compromise.
Just enjoy your golf.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My present situation, and one that’s been the case for the last 5 years or so, is that I just don’t have time for golf. My working hours are fairly long and having a young family I struggle to get away regularly at weekends for a full round. I occasionally go to the driving range however I must admit that bores me and I don’t really think it does me any favours with improving. I also really miss being a member of a club however the cost per round just got to the point where it wasn’t financially viable to continue.

Anyway, I know this won’t be to everyone’s tastes however I found a local course to me that only has 6 holes, Pachesham Golf Centre! They market themselves as ‘Hour Golf’ and so I took myself down there today with pretty low expectations thinking it would be a glorified pitch and putt. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised. The course is made up of 6 decent length holes…
  • 351/333 Par 4
  • 289/263 Par 4
  • 361/344 Par 4
  • 164/154 Par 3
  • 367/343 Par 4
  • 509/486 Par 5
They only allow 2 balls to ensure that they keep the rounds moving, the tee times are 10 minutes apart and it’s £10.00 a round. The course is kept in really good nick and I got a tee time with ease. We went round in a shade over an hour which was mainly due to our rustiness however it was really enjoyable. I would obviously prefer a full round and would choose 18 over 6 any day if time allowed however being able to play ‘proper golf’ a couple of times a week at this place will really fill the hole I have of not being able to play regularly.

Aside from the course they have a Toptracer range and a really decent short game area for practice. As I said, it’s obviously not going to be everyone’s cup of tea however I thought it was a really good idea for those of us who are time poor.

It's a great idea

I'll play any number of holes depending on time

18 whenever I can.. 9 if I can't squeeze in 18. Especially in winter just to get my fix

Did 7 other day as my mates had reached the 12th rather than 10th when I arrived to join them

Golfs great

Sounds a cracking idea and will keep people interested

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
We have a couple of options available to members that don't have time for a full round.
We have 2 measured options/cards, for playing holes 1 to 7 then 17 & 18, or holes 1 to 8 plus hole 15 [ takes you nearer the clubhouse ]
Both can be used for handicap purposes and for a few comps .

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
I've thought for a long time 3 sets of 6 is better than 2 sets of 9.

I find 9 holes is too many for a really quick run out, and not enough if you have a little bit of time. Whereas 6 holes would mean you could get out and back in a little over an hour, and if you had a little bit more time could play 12, which is nice amount of golf without doing a full round

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've thought for a long time 3 sets of 6 is better than 2 sets of 9.

I find 9 holes is too many for a really quick run out, and not enough if you have a little bit of time. Whereas 6 holes would mean you could get out and back in a little over an hour, and if you had a little bit more time could play 12, which is nice amount of golf without doing a full round

Yeah, agree. This place doesn't allow you to book 12 (or 18) at the outset but you can return to the clubhouse and then pay for another 6 if you want and then likewise for the final 6 if you want 18 although not sure I'd want to play the loop 3 times!! It is nice to have the option though.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think it's a great idea, perhaps courses of the future will be made up of 6 hole loops rather than nine so you can do 6/12/18 holes depending on your mood.