4th hole

Mandofred

Visit site
I really hate this hole on our course. I think it is the easiest hole on the course. Only 335yds from yellows....fairly flat green.....only one bunker front right (2 on fairway, but usually just out of reach off the tee)...... it should be an EASY par every time. Again this morning......bogie. It's wormed it's way into my head......

YorkshireStu

Medal Winner
Visit site
Have you tried changing tactics? If you drive off the tee, swap it up for a wood or hybrid? Hit it a cool 190-200 and then you have a short iron onto the green.

A change of approach might reap a change in outcome. Unless you've already tried the above, then it's all in your head :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 1147

I really hate this hole on our course. I think it is the easiest hole on the course. Only 335yds from yellows....fairly flat green.....only one bunker front right (2 on fairway, but usually just out of reach off the tee)...... it should be an EASY par every time. Again this morning......bogie. It's wormed it's way into my head......
How do you usually play it?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Look for a bush/shrub/tree/anything in the rough area where your drive finishes, then go out when it's quiet and hit 10 balls or so from that area using different clubs until you find one you feel confident hitting the green with. So maybe a normal SW, three quarter PW or half 9 iron etc. That will give you a different attitude towards playing the hole

Mandofred

Visit site
Have you tried changing tactics? If you drive off the tee, swap it up for a wood or hybrid? Hit it a cool 190-200 and then you have a short iron onto the green.

A change of approach might reap a change in outcome. Unless you've already tried the above, then it's all in your head :ROFLMAO:

That...............................................................................................................................................↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑.

Mandofred

Visit site
How do you usually play it?
Hit easy driver up just short of the fairway bunkers......130-140 into the green. Then I usually pull it.......I don't hit pulls very often. On this hole I pull it. Kind of like sitting down to dinner every night and forking food into your mouth......and then for some reason on the 4th fork-full you shove it up your nose. No reason for it......but you keep doing it on the 4th fork-full every night.

Fabia999

Visit site
Think changing the way you play it could help. Try not taking a driver off the tee, might have to take a longer iron for the second shot but it may help.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hit easy driver up just short of the fairway bunkers......130-140 into the green. Then I usually pull it.......I don't hit pulls very often. On this hole I pull it. Kind of like sitting down to dinner every night and forking food into your mouth......and then for some reason on the 4th fork-full you shove it up your nose. No reason for it......but you keep doing it on the 4th fork-full every night.
Change your fork for a spoon.
If it’s in your head you must change your approach.
This will make you think better.
Hybrid off the tee then 6/7 iron.
By changing your thinking you are thinking differently.

Mandofred

Visit site
Change your fork for a spoon.
If it’s in your head you must change your approach.
This will make you think better.
Hybrid off the tee then 6/7 iron.
By changing your thinking you are thinking differently.
Of course.....I could always just hit a decent 8 iron into the green like I do normally.....on other holes. Maybe I can just have a playing partner insult me before I hit.....call me short and fat or something....hmmmmm....maybe something NOT true.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Of course.....I could always just hit a decent 8 iron into the green like I do normally.....on other holes. Maybe I can just have a playing partner insult me before I hit.....call me short and fat or something....hmmmmm....maybe something NOT true.
My mate a scratch golfer had a habit of shanking his 8 iron.
We played a few rounds shank free.
Another lad asked him “how he had cured his shank”
He said “easy I have left my 8 iron in the car”
If it’s in your head and you keep doing what you are doing you will keep getting the same result.
It can be a very cruel game!

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
There are 2 holes at Bearwood Lakes that good players often hit driver or 3 wood at, the 8th, along the road to the clubhouse, and the 17th. The 8th is 297, yards, slight curve right to left, and the 17th is 324, pretty straight with bunkers on the left at about 200 yards and near the green. After trying various methods, I now hit a 5 iron from each tee. That leaves me a PW and a 9 iron usually. It reduces the possibility of a birdie, but also the possibility of a bogey or double bogey.

Mandofred

Visit site
My mate a scratch golfer had a habit of shanking his 8 iron.
We played a few rounds shank free.
Another lad asked him “how he had cured his shank”
He said “easy I have left my 8 iron in the car”
If it’s in your head and you keep doing what you are doing you will keep getting the same result.
It can be a very cruel game!
But I am wise enough to know......it's not the clubs fault.....it's not the flagsticks fault......it's MY fault.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But I am wise enough to know......it's not the clubs fault.....it's not the flagsticks fault......it's MY fault.
All bad shots are our fault.
But a change of thinking( shot ) is required.
As Bob says “ play the shot with three or four different clubs.” Not just 8 iron.
But only you can sort it .
Good luck.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It’s obviously playing on your mind which is where the problem is,if you took a different club off the tee and left yourself 30 yards farther back the problem is still going to be there imo.

I would keep hitting driver and have a different mindset when you play the second shot try and get any negative thoughts out of your head and be more positive about hitting a good shot.

Also Bobs advice is well worth trying.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We have two holes. Our 4th we call the silent assassin as so many people walk off with a five or worse (SI 16). Only 320 off the whites with a large fairway bunker at around 250-260 it's main defence is a hugely sloping green back to front and right to left as you play it.

As for my nemesis it's the 6th (SI 14). Only 178 but OOB tight right and a little wider to the left (although the ground falls away so too big a draw will kick further left. Usually plays into the wind and big flat area short of the green I could land on and the trees on the right do end around the 150 mark. I have issues with a weak slice OOB or a bigger one over the trees into the bunker at best or the longer crap. It is getting better and its one of those that I'll take a four on and make the shot up elsewhere

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Could you hit a soft 7 instead of a full 8? I sometimes hit it slightly left & long if I'm trying to hit a full iron

Mandofred

Visit site
Could you hit a soft 7 instead of a full 8? I sometimes hit it slightly left & long if I'm trying to hit a full iron
Tried everything sensible. This morning I hit a decent drive....really heavy misty air and didn't go as far.....then hit it a bit fat. Basically about every other time I booger things up......all in my brain.