40th Birthday Gift Suggestions

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
I know that you lot are quite helpful, so I'd thought I'd ask you.

My wife has asked me for what I want for my 40th next month.

She has suggested that she'd pay my full membership for the year. This will be the first time as a full member for me, and will save me about £50 if I play as much as last year.

But, what other suggestions can you come up with, as I'm a bit stuck for ideas.

Ta.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
Years subs is £645. It doesn't have to be golf related, but seeing as it's my preferred pastime then I would have thought so.

Only thing is, I don't really want the wife spending anything, as I've already mentioned elsewhere, I might be made redundant with the take-over next week. As lovely thought as the subs is, I can't get my head around the cost at the moment.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Doesn't have to be expensive.
Something from the heart, personal...... Tattoo :eek:

I took my missus to Egypt for hers last new year.

How about a ring "inscribed"

"Special" round. somewhere you've always wanted to play but haven't

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi mate,

I would go for either a round at a fantastic course (there are some decent deals around), a GPS as I know you mentioned earlier you were interested in one ,

cheers

Midnight...

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would be more than happy with a round of golf at a club with accomodation, followed by a nice meal with the missus playing or as an observer. Perhaps somewhere where there may be other interesting sights for both. That way you will have a memory focus on the event.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
Thanks folks, some nice suggestions, keep 'em coming.

The one thing I learnt about the pace of play experiment at Crowborough, was that whilst I might enjoy playing at a 'known' track, my ability might be lacking with the carry that's required from the tee on a lot of them. Threfore I might save the 'experiance' until my 50th!

markwarne

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How about a deal at The Grove in Watford?

I am sure they have a spa facility and if you are flexible with the timing of golf, they do a Winter Package for £90ish (I got one for my birthday).

Lovely place, lovely atmosphere, outstanding course (always empty when I drive past) and my mates who have been lucky enough to play there confirm that the fairways and greens are pristine.

Not sure about the cost of a room, but check out the website, there are bound to be offers. I do suspect however that you may get more for your money elsewhere, but if you want the experience.....

Hope you find something you both enjoy for the big four 0 :)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site