3 wheel golf trolley

Dave1234

Hacker
Visit site
Hi, im looking to buy a 3 wheel manual trolly but so many to chose can anyone let me know what experiences they have had with them. The ones ive looked at are the powakaddy and longridge ones. Thanks

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just a personal opinion but was not a fan of the Powakaddy. Had a Twinline 3 and the brake was not strong enough on they hilly course I play on, though probably fine on flatter tracks. Changed mine for a ClicGear and would not go back, working brake which is applied from the handle, good storage box on the handle and proper inflatable tyres to absorb the bumps. May feel heavy but is a breeze to push. The only question I would ask is that with the price of a decent 3 wheel push trolley, it is only a few extra quid to buy a Go-Kart and I know which option I would choose.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've got the Sun Mountain one , thay fold up well to fit in your boot, the brakes are good they also look good our pro has sold more of these than any other trolley they are about £120 money well spent in my opinon.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Go kart. Exceptional value for money. British product and probably the best after sales service of any golfing related product (and from someone that doesn't own one). There is a review in this months GM or just search on the forum to read other testimonies.

MarkE

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I got a Powerkaddy Twinline 3, a couple of weeks back from Direct Golf. They had it on special at the time (£68). Fantastic piece of kit, superb quality and so much easier than a pull trolley. I was considering a gokart but am glad I plumped for this one. I hav'nt had any problem with the brake, but could see that it could be an issue on severe inclines.

Redwood

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not had any direct experience as such, but a funny story.

A couple of colleagues of mine came down to play Bude sometime last year. One of them had the Powerkaddy 3 wheeler (I think is was powerkaddy anyway). The day was very windy, which it invariably is at Bude, and we were playing the 16th. The guy with the trolley left it on a bit of a downslope, behind him, as he prepared to play his chip onto the green. Next thing I see, is the trolley gets caught by a gust of wind and starts rolling towards him. Before I can let him know the trolley is hitting him up the backside just as he is taking his shot. Needless to say his chip was horrific, but it left myself and our other playing partner in stitches!! Moral of the story: always pay attention to where you leave your three wheeler trolley on windy days!! ;)

goldenbare

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
hi there, first post on the forum. I bought a Slazenger model 3 wheel trolley from JJb sports for £40-ish 18 months ago, it is really smooth and great value for money at this price. I can recommend to anybody to try these 3 wheel push trolleys, they make life far easier, less twisting and definitely energy savers..

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was looking into these a while ago

Sun Mountain, lovely bit of kit but expensive

Powercaddy I thought overpriced at the time

Longridge, Masters I thought very definitely 2nd class (never saw the Slazenger but then I don't think of JJB and Golf)

I had planned on getting the Motocaddy Lite, then found my electric for much the same price on ebay.

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I bought a clicgear around 6 months ago and have found it to be an excellent bit of kit!

Although for an extra £80 you could get a GoKart.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
My brother recently bought the Clicgear, he swears by it. I was considering buying one too, but went with the GoKart instead. Very glad I did, and as previously mentioned, before and after service is second to none.