2s competition

JPH

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Start out intending to win the comp. When that's gone sour...
Play for Handicap reduction - then buffer! When that gone sour (about 14)....
Play for 2 on last Par 3 (15). When that fails.....
Score 6+ points on last 3 holes. When that's not going to happen....
Birdie the last.

Always something positive, so never just going through the motions!

Yeah that seems like a good way to to do it , allways a little challenge to rise to

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got a 2 earlier this year and won £27. That seems to be the standard kind of value prize at my course for a 2.

The 2's comp is a mandatory part of entering the comp. We only have 3 par 3's, one of them is 140 yards, one is 220 yards, and one is 156 yards but up a steep hill. So not many two's tend to be recorded!

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I never do the 2s sweep anymore. I used to do it all the time at my old club and never got one until the day I forgot to enter it, since then I've not entered.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think its great! Ive got a fair few twos mainly down to my good putting but i do love the fact that the 2nd to last hole on our course gives you a chance to win something despite having a shocker.

Last week was a betterball comp at ours and my usual partner was away so i ended up paired with this old fella. I tried to persuade him to enter the twos but he would not have it no matter what i said and i didnt have any extra money to offer to pay for him. Anyway you know what happened dont you? Holed a 20ft+ putt on the 17th for a two :( was gutted i got a 2! It was an awful feeling.

mcbroon

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
2s are a great way of spreading the love. Only 1 person can win a comp (depending on the type, obviously) but any number can make a 2 and get something back for it.

And as others have said, it keeps you interested even if you've had a bit of a shocker.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I never enter. To be honest, we have two par 3's over 200 yards, and three between 175 and 185 yards and I often struggle to find the dancefloor so a two is a rare treat. I'm happy to make par and move on

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I always enter the 2's Sweep, its a good gamble, 3 canny chances (par 3s) at our place, the other par 3 (5th) is a good par at 221yds

Had a good season with about £85 in my account from the 2's 'Club' , so cant grumble

the hammer

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
i got a 2 in the monthly medal on 6/10/12, i still havent been processed, i traded my driver in 2 weeks ago and couldnt put my 2's money in , because i dont know how much.beyond a joke.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I enjoy the competitiveness of the 2's.

With 5 par 3's with the last one being the 18th, there is always something to get out of the round right to the end.

I've had 3 this year in medals with September being my best return with coming 2nd in the medal, winning the associated Rabbits Chalice (Avatar) and getting a 2 on our 4th so netted £65 that day ;)

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
2s are a great way of spreading the love. Only 1 person can win a comp (depending on the type, obviously) but any number can make a 2 and get something back for it.

And as others have said, it keeps you interested even if you've had a bit of a shocker.

Oue last par 3, the 17th, is 218 yds so the last thing you're thinking is making birdie. Hitting the green is hard enough let alone hoping for a 2.

white_feather

Club Champion
Visit site
My only two came from an Eagle on the par 4 17th.

After nobbing my drive about 80 yards I thought what the hell and pulled my 3-wood.

Gripped it, ripped it and it rolled in for a 2 and £6.80.

The shot that was heard around the Bay.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think its great! Ive got a fair few twos mainly down to my good putting but i do love the fact that the 2nd to last hole on our course gives you a chance to win something despite having a shocker.

Last week was a betterball comp at ours and my usual partner was away so i ended up paired with this old fella. I tried to persuade him to enter the twos but he would not have it no matter what i said and i didnt have any extra money to offer to pay for him. Anyway you know what happened dont you? Holed a 20ft+ putt on the 17th for a two :( was gutted i got a 2! It was an awful feeling.

For our betterball comps we still enter individually as you're playing your own ball all the way. If both of you have a 2 on the same hole you both get paid.

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used to enter them and then stopped after half a dozen comps without getting close. First comp without entering I hit a great shot to about 4 feet and get a 2. I was gutted! Never missed going in for it again and since then I've had 3 or 4 2s so I'm well up in total.