2s competition

white_feather

Club Champion
Visit site
Does anyone else get the feeling that they are throwing money down the drain with the clubs 2s comp?

I can understand if your a Cat 1 player and your picking up a 2 every other week but for the average Cat3 player how many realistically can you expect in a year?

If instead you put that pound in a jar and collected it yourself when you got a 2 then surely this would provide a greater return?

Or am i just being a miser and its about keeping your game going even though you're having a horror round.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Im fortunate in that I have more than my fair share of 2s, but where it works well at our course is that 15 and 17 are both par 3s so it gives anyone who has a bad day something to still play for and look forward to. You'll often here people coming off 13 or 14 having "blown their round" but staying upbeat as they still have 2 more shots at 2s to come

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I got a pair of 2s the other week and won enough for a box of balls so I like the comp. Even on a bad round it means that you feel that you have something to play for.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Probably would be better to put £1 into a jar - and for comp winnings too. But that's not the spirit of competition is it!

I've certainly won more cash with 2s than with comp placings. And I use(d) them as part of my comp round incentive.

Start out intending to win the comp. When that's gone sour...
Play for Handicap reduction - then buffer! When that gone sour (about 14)....
Play for 2 on last Par 3 (15). When that fails.....
Score 6+ points on last 3 holes. When that's not going to happen....
Birdie the last.

Always something positive, so never just going through the motions!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
our Cat1 players cannot get a 2 on two of the holes, we pay the same but have less chance's:eek:oo:

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
What's a 2s competition?

A side sweep for an 2 achieved, everybody who wishes puts a £1/£2 in and the pot is split between any 2's in the comp.
Used to be balls be seems the norm now the cash is put in the pro shop for you to spend. Ours genareally works out around £8 for each 2.
Bit slow posting there........

OP. your getting the scrouge Xmas feeling, :rofl:

anyone can hit a 2 so it keeps the round alive until the end.

Last edited:

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our two's club got changed so as it had to be on a par 3 .."word is" & cant confirm this , our captain had a 2 on a par 4 the other week , its been changed back to a two anywhere again now .. allegedly :thup:

Should be a 2 anywhere as its a 2 club . as ours becomes shop credit , it generates income to support the shop aswell ..

Mate of mine off 21 occasionaly entered , one day he didnt enter he had 2 twos in the same round ha ha , we had good laugh over that ..

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don't think I'm up from the 2's over the time I've been playing.

I've got zip chance of winning anything in a singles Stableford that isn't in divisions but I still pay my entry fee.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
2's is a great wee bit of added fun to a comp. Yeah you pay an entry fee but the 2's is only a couple of quid and while there is a higher possibility of me getting a 2 than of winning many comps then I will keep doing them.
Season just passed I collected £43 in 2's money in the pro shop. Paid for a couple of boxes of balls and a couple of golves.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Our midweek comps the 2s sweep often rolls over, especially in winter. Always nice to get a 2 when there hasnt been one for a couple of comps, can pay £40 or £50 sometimes :)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our midweek comps the 2s sweep often rolls over, especially in winter. Always nice to get a 2 when there hasnt been one for a couple of comps, can pay £40 or £50 sometimes :)

Yeah we do that too. The club Cat1/2 open in August had a roll over from the previous week's medal. There was £200 in the pot when we got started and 4 people won £50 each which is always nice. 2 of them were away players so a nice memory to take away and hopefully entice them back to pay green fees in future.

Bomber69

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
2's is a great wee bit of added fun to a comp. Yeah you pay an entry fee but the 2's is only a couple of quid and while there is a higher possibility of me getting a 2 than of winning many comps then I will keep doing them.
Season just passed I collected £43 in 2's money in the pro shop. Paid for a couple of boxes of balls and a couple of golves.

A couple of boxes of balls and a couple of gloves for £43, what type of balls and more to the point what type of gloves:rofl: