2023 Professional Golf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 15344

Are you thinking Captain's pick?

Some good finishes will help but currently a fair few might feel they are more deserving, especially those playing regularly on the DPWT - including a quartet of Spaniards IMO

At the moment he isn’t close , but if he continues his form then he will rise up the rankings

D

Deleted member 1147

Are you thinking Captain's pick?

Some good finishes will help but currently a fair few might feel they are more deserving, especially those playing regularly on the DPWT - including a quartet of Spaniards IMO
Rahm and Larrazabal…erm ?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Almost a quarter of the way through the new PGAT elevated/designated events, how's it looking so far?

Seem pretty successful to date, high quality winners. Rahm of course is European, & IMO has come out well in recent times by avoiding the badmouthing that others have been drawn into.

Something I only recently realised was that 2 of these events are the week after a major - the Masters & US Open (for this year anyway)

To go a bit vulgar for a 'mo, the 2023 major purses are not yet known but below are the 2022.

Know most of spectators/fans will be more romantic about the history etc., but we don't really know how all the pros think.

Say, US Open - tough course setup, tough field.
Travelers - easier course setup, potentially slightly easier field, potentially more wonga on offer...... hmm 🤔

Major Purse $
Masters Tournament 15,000,000
PGA Championship 15,000,000
U.S. Open 17,500,000
Open Championship 14,000,000

Interesting times...
Well 3 and a bit months later, perhaps Rory has been dipping into the forum 🤣

D

Deleted member 15344

Well 3 and a bit months later, perhaps Rory has been dipping into the forum 🤣

There will also be some player who will want the money over the glory - but the majors will always be the pinnacle and I would be massively disappointed if they felt they had to raise the prize money.

I would suspect most of the pros would take winning a Claret jug or Green jacket and getting zero prize money.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Great to see Rory playing well.

This is setting up to be a cracking tournament. The leaderboard is top heavy already.

D

Deleted member 1147

So Rory. Talk to me about how hitting a 3 wood off the tee for safety 🤪
I would assume he hit it so's not to run out of fairway and into the ditch, rather than for safety.
Pro's rarely hit less than driver for accuracy purposes, normally because driver goes to far, or they need a draw, for that particular hole.

Statistics show that accuracy isn't improved much by hitting a FW

D

Deleted member 1147

Keep seeing Suh’s name on leaderboards.
He was in the same class as Hovland, Morikawa and Wolff, but not as big a name.
Looks another good prospect.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
LPGA leaderboard is stacked at the top. Could be a great weekend’s viewing if it is being shown anywhere.

Rose Zhang hanging in competitively in her first pro event. Shouldn’t be unexpected, but she could dominate eventually

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
LPGA leaderboard is stacked at the top. Could be a great weekend’s viewing if it is being shown anywhere.

Rose Zhang hanging in competitively in her first pro event. Shouldn’t be unexpected, but she could dominate eventually
It was on YouTube yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.