2022 Professional golf thread

4LEX

Visit site
Almost a huge win on Hatton. Played very well on the back nine and saw at least 4 putts shave the hole, while Rahm hacked it around but scrambled well. Superb from Rory overall though (y)

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Just playing out the evening with a bit of the RSM. Jeez….. watching Brian “Keegan Bradley” Harman is flippin painful. How many waggles do you need……. Just bloody hit it.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Leona Maguire is turning into some sort of player.......

Indeed, always hard to follow up a 63 and then go on and win.

Pleased for Ko, and got to think LPGA Hall of Fame must be the hardest one to get into of all sports - youngest world number 1, 2 majors, 20 wins including tour championships, the Vare trophy and player of the year twice and she's still not amassed enough points. Guess it's good that she's still only 25 :)

Jason.H

Visit site
Did anyone watch Lydia Ko,s drop/ball placement on the 14th. She looked to be rolling the ball down the slope each time so she got to place on level ground. Maybe just me but Patrick Reed would of been proud of that one.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Did anyone watch Lydia Ko,s drop/ball placement on the 14th. She looked to be rolling the ball down the slope each time so she got to place on level ground. Maybe just me but Patrick Reed would of been proud of that one.

by the time she finished she was almost in the centre of the fairway

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Don't agree..she got lucky but no ball was ever going to stay on that slope..

Jason.H

Visit site
Don't agree..she got lucky but no ball was ever going to stay on that slope..
Ok my point was she was initiating roll on the ball toward the hazard each time so she could move to level ground so wouldn’t have the ball below her feet. The rules official to her right wouldn’t have noticed but the camera was directly behind for viewers to see. Not got beef about it myself. We see lots of incidents where pro,s get free drops from tricky lies by outstretching a foot to a sprinkler head ect. I’d probably do the same if there’s 2 mill at stake.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Highly tuned Italian I bet he left a few out there through the season with RAGE!

Tough earning a living in any sport unless your at the top

You have to feel a bit sorry for Renato Paratore..
Apparently he missed retaining his DPWT Card by1 shot and then missed regaining it at Tour School by......1 shot..
That's harsh.

D-S

Visit site
Some cracking golf in the final tournament on the LET. Stark and Grant going head to head for the season title. Also Ciganda finished with 6 birdies in a row.
Grant must have one of the best swings in world golf.

yandabrown

Visit site
Some cracking golf in the final tournament on the LET. Stark and Grant going head to head for the season title. Also Ciganda finished with 6 birdies in a row.
Grant must have one of the best swings in world golf.
And a Brit on top of the pile after round 1! (y)

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Impressive win for Cam Smith on the other side of the world.

No Mickelson; no Johnson; no Koepka; no DeChambeau; no Poulter; no Garcia; no Reed; no Westwood; no Stenson; no McDowell; no Niemann; no Oosthuizen; no Schwartzel; no Perez; no Varner III?

Surely we cannot consider it an impressive win when the field is so diminished by their absence? :unsure:

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Expect there was a bit of pressure on to deliver. Reminiscent of Rahm's win in Spain - big fish in a not so strong field, but still have to score.

He said he didn't feel like his game was there to win the event this week, so he's obviously had to grind a little - I guess there is a pressure on him to win after the year he's had. He's right up there when we are discussing who is the best player in the world.

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
No Mickelson; no Johnson; no Koepka; no DeChambeau; no Poulter; no Garcia; no Reed; no Westwood; no Stenson; no McDowell; no Niemann; no Oosthuizen; no Schwartzel; no Perez; no Varner III?

Surely we cannot consider it an impressive win when the field is so diminished by their absence? :unsure:

Considering, according to some, he hasn't played proper golf since his Open win I don't think it's a bad effort.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Overall, probably a similar level of competition from the field though, and being a real competition its a decent win for him. He is a seriously good golfer. Too good to be marooned on LIV at his early age.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Overall, probably a similar level of competition from the field though, and being a real competition its a decent win for him. He is a seriously good golfer. Too good to be marooned on LIV at his early age.

He's not marooned on LIV is he, what a strange perception to make? The only place he can't play is on PGA Tour events, and how many of those are actually THAT important to him?