2022 Professional golf thread

D

Deleted member 15344

That’s a great win from Bob MacIntyre - shame about Fitz getting distracted on the tee

the course is clearly set up for Matchplay and those top 4 will prob be in the Ryder Cup team next year.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good night fpr the Doon household.
Bob MacIntyre seeing off Rory and Matt and Hearts beating Motherwell 3-0.
Listening to one whilst watching the other, it all climaxed about the same time.(y)

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
That chip in from Homa must have killed him, when he thought he'd have at least 2 putts from 3ft to win. Completely unnerved, what a horrible finish
Can imagine walking to the green he may have had little thoughts that he'd done it.
Only read the interview but he seemed to be upbeat despite. He did earn the same ranking points as McIntyre, and climbed 60 or spots.

Swango1980

Visit site
Can’t believe willet held a smile while shaking hands, wonder how hard that hit his wallet.
I'd imagine he was simply in complete shock, and he just wanted to smile and get away as quickly as possible. Better that than going into a rage, or breaking down in tears, in front of everyone I suppose. He wouldn't have been smiling inside.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Well that's the blow up to end all blow ups
Just seen it, every one of us would be disappointed with that bogey from that position.

Biggest blow up? Maybe due to the timing of the last hole/put?

The blow up that gifted him the Masters by Spieth was a lot more spectacular, in my opinion.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
The PGA Tour event this week is The Presidents Cup.
As a European, I've always struggled to be excited by it - is it different for those more involved?

Sort of felt like it existed so USA could exclaim :
"we beat the rest of the world! (excluding Europe) "
Plus felt a bit PGAT vs. PGAT.

Do wonder if ironically there may be more interest this year with the exclusions from both teams. But difficult to see past a large USA win.