2022 Professional golf thread

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Cameron Smith got a 2 shot penalty for playing a shot just on the red line beside the water yesterday but was given the penalty today just before he teed off, surely that’s not right?
Should he not off been disqualified for signing for a wrong score card also?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Cameron Smith got a 2 shot penalty for playing a shot just on the red line beside the water yesterday but was given the penalty today just before he teed off, surely that’s not right?
Should he not off been disqualified for signing for a wrong score card also?
The penalty was assessed after he'd signed the card so he can't be dq'd for it.
The timing isn't good but he did break the rule...

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If you find the pis Smith was standing on the edge of the drop into the lake..I'm guessing the referee was on the other side of the green and wasn't able to see the position of the ball.
Should he have made sure?
Possibly but Smith should have realised.

D

Deleted member 1147

They looked at the video, asked him his opinion, he said the ball was on the line, so he got a 2 shot penalty.
His mistake, which as I’ve read, he accepted.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
If you find the pis Smith was standing on the edge of the drop into the lake..I'm guessing the referee was on the other side of the green and wasn't able to see the position of the ball.
Should he have made sure?
Possibly but Smith should have realised.

It’s a tough one, the referee is getting paid to do a job and he probably should of made sure but Cameron should off probably realised himself as well ??