2021 Professional Golf Thread

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
As much a disadvantage as an advantage. It depends on their relationship. Will they concentrate less, will it make it feel like less of a Major for them? As a fellow pro, obviously I'm not, I would not be worried by them being paired but I get your point.

I’m not necessarily against them being paired (I read it reported that it was one of the measures taken to increase the profile of the event, as happens all the time in the mens tours)
They seem like they’re best buds as well as sisters so they’ll definitely get on, and I’m sure they’ll be very professional re ‘advice’ etc and firstly each will want to win for themselves

Just wondered if I’d be calmer/better composed & more likely to perform better if I’m playing in an important comp with my 'bessie mate' beside me (as opposed to say putting Books & Bryson together at their US Open)?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’m not necessarily against them being paired (I read it reported that it was one of the measures taken to increase the profile of the event, as happens all the time in the mens tours)
They seem like they’re best buds as well as sisters so they’ll definitely get on, and I’m sure they’ll be very professional re ‘advice’ etc and firstly each will want to win for themselves

Just wondered if I’d be calmer/better composed & more likely to perform better if I’m playing in an important comp with my 'bessie mate' beside me (as opposed to say putting Books & Bryson together at their US Open)?
I suspect I would play worse so that colours my answer :D

sunshine

Visit site
Not worth its own thread.. Do you reckon putting the Korda sisters together (again) for the first two rounds of the US Open gives them any sporting advantage or does playing with family not make any difference at that level?

Harrington recently commented that being paired with Lowry helped him in his final round at Kiawah:

"that was probably my most enjoyable round of golf I’ve had on the golf course in a long time. It’s amazing when you play with a friend, it definitely helped both of us relax and just play golf and both of us played really well. We both could have been quite a few shots better."

Even as a pro, the company is going to make a difference, potentially help you lift your game a little or drag it down. So definitely an advantage for the Korda sisters.

D

Deleted member 15344

Why is the US Womens Open not being shown ?‍♂️

Lots of tweets about the pace of play though - 2 hr 45 mins for 9 holes ?

D

Deleted member 3432

Didn’t think it was a competition between the two

Just interested to hear comments that the pace of play is so slow at the ladies tournament when not much was mentioned about the men's major when they were taking 5 1/2 hours.

Double standards perhaps?

D

Deleted member 15344

Just interested to hear comments that the pace of play is so slow at the ladies tournament when not much was mentioned about the men's major when they were taking 5 1/2 hours.

I suspect there have plenty comments about slow play in a mens major or indeed many other tour events - ?‍♂️

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

To be fair I saw a lot of comments about pace of play at the recent PGA. 5 1/2 hours in the early rounds as you say. Big moans, not just on here but across golf. It kills the game as a specatacle whether male or female golfers are playing. Unfortunately for the ladies game they don't have the viewing figures already to get away with that so they really do need to speed it up

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Crazy stuff, will Patrick Cantlay and both their caddies have to isolate too ?
Couldn't they create their own bubble and still play Sunday ?
I heard Rahm say "not again ", has he tested positive before or been disqualified before ?