2021 Professional Golf Thread

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
8 players withdrew from the Palmetto thing. Not sure if that's typical.

Mind, Hensby had a 10 shot penalty so had an excuse ?

love that he got Titleist to look into it implying they had given him a sleeve with a wrong ball in it, turns out him and pat perez had swapped a ball on the putting green by mistake haha

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
~Just seen this

"Bo Van Pelt playing off a one-time top 50 career money list exemption that he enacted during the 2016 (!!!) season. Played 3x, tore his labrum, didn't play for 3+ years. Exemption carried over to 2019-20 and then he kept his exempt status this season because of the pandemic."

Gwan Bo :)

FELL75

Visit site
Was surprised by Harris English (lovely swing btw) falling away at the end. Felt for Hadley at the end but did struggle all day.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Always get a bit sad that when the likes of a McDowell and Kaymer get named as Ryder Cup assistants in June. Nice boost for the backroom team but can't see the point announcing it now given that they'd both still harbour some sort of hope of playing in it

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Always get a bit sad that when the likes of a McDowell and Kaymer get named as Ryder Cup assistants in June. Nice boost for the backroom team but can't see the point announcing it now given that they'd both still harbour some sort of hope of playing in it
:ROFLMAO: Surely not??

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Probably not but I still picture Kaymer doing something big and then going on a run. And McDowell only won last year.. and wouldn't be wild to think he'd have a big time of it in the linksy starts

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
:ROFLMAO: Surely not??
A bit early to be on the drink? :LOL:. I'm with @Orikoru I'm afraid.

Too many players ahead of these two now. Surely sentiment speaking rather than reality.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Some sort/outside hope, bit like E Molinari making a late dash in 2014. I do like Kaymer a lot so, yes, just being sentimental.