2021 Professional Golf Thread

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really did forget how grossly grotesque American crowds are.

Have to say as much as I agree with you 100%, Id rather a major with crowds a than without. Yeah they were stupid on the last but this champ deserves a roar

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
The crowd completely forgetting that 2 golfers need to reach the green to finish the tournament. :rolleyes:

There was just so much wrong in that crowd behaviour...... I get that they were a tad excited, but that was just appalling behaviour from everyone. When that muppet grabbed Michelson and pulled him sideways, thought he'd tweaked his back when he pulled up. Not making way for either player to get to the green was disgusting. I'm no Lefty fan, but was routing for him yesterday, it was hard to watch at times, a bit squeaky on occasion but hats off to him, a great win against all odds.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
This is how Mickelson explained his clubs falling apart...

'I hit a couple of squirrelly shots on 12 and 13 on Saturday and the face on my 2-wood flattened. Fortunately I had a backup head and swapped it out and hit it great today. As I was teeing off today my 2-iron face cracked. I mean, just you can't swing it as hard as I hit it and not expect them to crack -- I'm kidding.
'Tim noticed when I put it back that it had cracked across the face. It happens. In fact, if it doesn't happen, you start to question the manufacturer, hey, aren't we making this as hot as we can. It's certainly part of it, but fortunately I had a 4-wood that's a very comparable club to that 1-iron distance-wise and I was able to use that club effectively. I used it off 3 tee, 4 tee. There was a few times that I hit it and I hit that club very well. It's just one of those things that happens and you just have to be prepared for it, which is why I bring backup clubs out here.'

peld

Visit site
This is how Mickelson explained his clubs falling apart...

'I hit a couple of squirrelly shots on 12 and 13 on Saturday and the face on my 2-wood flattened. Fortunately I had a backup head and swapped it out and hit it great today. As I was teeing off today my 2-iron face cracked. I mean, just you can't swing it as hard as I hit it and not expect them to crack -- I'm kidding.
'Tim noticed when I put it back that it had cracked across the face. It happens. In fact, if it doesn't happen, you start to question the manufacturer, hey, aren't we making this as hot as we can. It's certainly part of it, but fortunately I had a 4-wood that's a very comparable club to that 1-iron distance-wise and I was able to use that club effectively. I used it off 3 tee, 4 tee. There was a few times that I hit it and I hit that club very well. It's just one of those things that happens and you just have to be prepared for it, which is why I bring backup clubs out here.'
not the best advert for Callaway

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
https://www.golfmonthly.com/tour/us...p-crowds-234002/amp?__twitter_impression=true

The crowds ruined the whole viewing of it ( along with Sky commentary) - golf is one sport that really benefitted from having no spectators there - especially the idiotic US support that seems to appear at every event.

That statement is very strong, too much so,surely? To say they "ruined" the viewing?
I enjoyed the whole evening and so did so many, I think.
The crowd overdid it and needed to be more disciplined, for sure.
But, a thing worth noting, I think.
Something OK , and welcome, in seeing a crowd, albeit unruly, ,motivated and driven by joy and admiration, than those of late on the streets throughout the world driven by hatred and destruction.