2019 PGA Tour

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I actually enjoyed the tournament in it's own right. The whole Fed Ex thing is so contrived.

Can kind of understand the pga tour, they don't own any of the majors (I think), so want to big up the "bread n butter". The schedule rejig, lets them talk about a big thing each month from March to August.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Yeah they’ve really weighted the points towards recognising the players that win/place well in the season ending 3 play-off events (quadrupled from a regular pga event)

Suppose it’s like many competitions. No point in ManU,L/pool etc putting 10 past Hartlepool in the 3rd round of the fa cup and 6 past arsenal in the 4th round if they don’t win in the quarter final. But half a dozen 1-0 wins for Chelsea can see them lift the cup

For the fed ex cup, most of the season is only about qualifying for the play-offs, once there you gotta do it all again

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have only seen him hit 2 shots so far but Woods looking more comfortable than he did last week.

Very nearly highway robbery from McIlory on the 10th, just coming up short with his birdie putt after chopping it up the LHS. 3rd shot to get on to the green was a belter.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Surely with stats like this he should be winning more.
In my opinion he should but as I've said before, until he can reduce the one poor round some weeks to scramble it round in par or even one under and not a couple over he's going to be a few shots short. On the weeks he can hold it together he'll still blow fields away. It's his major performances that still disappoint and surely a player producing these stats should have added more majors and definitely been battling on the back nine on Sunday more often

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Justin Thomas over the hill and far away, no way he's gonna be caught now.

Tiger looking like he's gonna miss out on the Tour Championships unless he does something special over his last 3 holes.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
This week is going to be really interesting now that the Tournament winner = Fed Ex winner. Every place is worth a ton of cash. Think JT will likely wrap it up and win his 2nd Fed-Ex in 3 years, but with Brooks, Cantlay and Rory not too far behind him he's still going to have to have a really good week. Think the guys down at -3 and below are pretty much out of it, but you never know, have a fantastic week and they've got a chance, just think it's going to be hard to chase down 7 or 8 shots at East Lake. The guys 3 or 4 behind going into Thursday still have a great chance though.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This week is going to be really interesting now that the Tournament winner = Fed Ex winner. Every place is worth a ton of cash. Think JT will likely wrap it up and win his 2nd Fed-Ex in 3 years, but with Brooks, Cantlay and Rory not too far behind him he's still going to have to have a really good week. Think the guys down at -3 and below are pretty much out of it, but you never know, have a fantastic week and they've got a chance, just think it's going to be hard to chase down 7 or 8 shots at East Lake. The guys 3 or 4 behind going into Thursday still have a great chance though.

Really interesting? Duller than dishwater for me and thats as someone who has watched most of the play offs over the years, new format has killed it for me. Hard to make a case for more than a handful of players winning a handicap comp for a dumpload of cash because the Americans cant distinguish between a tournament winner and a season winner.

I really hope one of the leading players shoots the lights out day 1 and they get 3 days of damp squib procession!

Struggling to see many positives in the schedule changes this year and am watching far less golf as a result, pretty sure Im not the only one