2 Eagles on a par 4

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Nice going! Like to know what the odds are.

Myself and a regular PP have had numerous eagles at the same time but on much lower stroke index holes which are drivable par 4's and short par 5's where you putting for the chance. Never both holed out from off the green though at the same time for eagles the odds are much more against you.

Good job I imagine there was some disbelief initially

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Not quite. I did play recently in a 3ball evening knock when on our 4th one of us got a par; the second a birdie; the third holed his second from distance for an 'eagle' (though as the ball bounced straight back out of the foam of the insert that didn't count). However 4 holes later on our 8th, one of us got a par; the second got a birdie; and the 3rd (me :) ) hold 2nd shot from a distance for an eagle. And this time the ball stayed in the hole.

Also, one evening a few years ago when out on my tod playing two balls, I had two eagles on our 551yd par 5 14th...will never do that again.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Closest I've come to something similar was at Alcaidesa Heathland on a driveable par 4 there. My driver had snapped earlier in the holiday so a 4 Hybrid was my longest club so had no chance of going for it in 1. Father-in-Law went first and knocked it on the green from the tee with his driver and asked if I wanted to borrow it, I declined and laid up. I then managed to hole out from 120odd yards for Eagle and headed up to the green for the FiL's putt from about 15ft and he goes and leaves it 2ft short :ROFLMAO: Never let him forget that one.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Played in a club comp several years ago...

On a par 5 one of our group hit his 2nd into a greenside bunker.

I holed out for eagle from 150yrds, another guy after ballsing up his first three shots, holed out for birdie from 100yds. The bloke in the bunker had seen neither of our shots go in asked us where we were...looked a bit stunned when we both said "in the hole"....and promptly took 4 shots to hole out!!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Excellent effort, although if I had smashed a 300 yard drive I would be more chuffed about that.

300 yds that would be a 7 iron for some on the forum. Well done and welcome to the forum

Ps, how did the third guy do on that hole.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played a winter better ball knockout and giving a shot on our par 5 5th to both opponents. First stuck it stiff for birdie net eagle and his mate then slammed his third in for eagle net albatross. We'll move to the next hole then chaps.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I also eagled our par 5 17th 2 weeks in succession.

The first was in a medal and the second was in a scramble where we took my drive, my second, and then my third shot went in the hole.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
? ? Not at all.
I started by saying you're using some licence by saying you scored an eagle and lost the hole, because obviously you didn't score an eagle.
I didn't realise you were serious ?‍♂️?
Your on a par five in two and your opponent concedes your next stroke.
What did you score?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If he's holed his shot and you can't match his score how can he give you the putt? - the hole is over the moment he holed his second - you can't concede something that doesn't exist.
Fair enough.
But as we were waiting on the game in front I did hole the putt anyway.
So I did get eagle but still lost the hole..

irip

Head Pro
Visit site
So if i play a par 3 and give a shot and my opponent goes first and makes a hole in one.

He then says you can have yours before I tee off have i got a hole in one as well?

I like your thinking, now every time there is a hole in One thread I can say I have got One, Cheers

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So if i play a par 3 and give a shot and my opponent goes first and makes a hole in one.

He then says you can have yours before I tee off have i got a hole in one as well?

I like your thinking, now every time there is a hole in One thread I can say I have got One, Cheers
I played the hole and got a three!
To be honest it was just a light anecdote to an Eagle thread.
I wasn’t expecting the inquiry.
But VAR said my putt went in the hole so I got an Eagle.

irip

Head Pro
Visit site
I played the hole and got a three!
To be honest it was just a light anecdote to an Eagle thread.
I wasn’t expecting the inquiry.
But VAR said my putt went in the hole so I got an Eagle.
Yes i agree with you and I got a Hole in One.

I think if you was to actually do the scorecard correctly then you would find it said you had lost the hole not that you had an eagle.