Zero Friction Glove

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
When it started to throw it down on Saturday I took mine off and put my MacWets on, I haven't read the blurb, are you saying these are OK in wet weather?

I have no idea. I sometimes don't have any gloves in the bag when it rains so thought these would be far better than nothing at all.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
The be fair I've been thinking exactly the same about the Zero Friction name!

The brand name comes from a supposed innovation of the golf tee (one comes with each glove). The tee only touches the ball at three points rather than cupping it like a normal tee hence Zero Friction.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If the rain's that heavy I'd switch to wet gloves regardless of the make I was using. Not convinced the zero friction is going to give too much help in anything but a shower. Holding up well when I've used it at the range though

Sponge1980

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I got mine last weekend. Tried it for one round and initial impressions are good. I think it fits better than any glove I've had before. Don't like the tee holder though.

D

Deleted member 18121

Used mine for the first time today.... it was a little big when I first put it on but I swear on my life it shrunk into a very good fit.... it'll definitely stay in the bag.

Also I LOVED the tee... that will also stay in play.

D

Deleted member 15344

Used mine for the first time today.... it was a little big when I first put it on but I swear on my life it shrunk into a very good fit.... it'll definitely stay in the bag.

Also I LOVED the tee... that will also stay in play.

Loved the tee ?!

Ok I'll ask the obvious question - what difference did your tee make ?

How can a tee make any difference ?

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Used mine today for the first time and it was really nice. Not as comfy as my Titleist Players, and I won't be switching, but definitely can't complain for free!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Mine starting to flake on the fingers now like Imurg's but it did take 5-6 range and practice sessions

How many balls on average per session?

Begs the question, how long do we expect our gloves to last, I see some people wearing some right manky gloves which are only good for the bin, no different to scuffed and cut balls, do we expect too much from some of the golf consumables we use?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
80 per session tops

So 5-6 rounds of golf then, how much do we expect to get out of a normal glove before some wear & tear shows, if we said 5-6 then for a £9.99 glove that's less than £2 per round, that's less than most people pay for a ball but it comes across that we are looking for more from a glove than a ball!

D

Deleted member 15344

So 5-6 rounds of golf then, how much do we expect to get out of a normal glove before some wear & tear shows, if we said 5-6 then for a £9.99 glove that's less than £2 per round, that's less than most people pay for a ball but it comes across that we are looking for more from a glove than a ball!

Mine normally last a month to 6 weeks - so about 30 rounds

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'm not knocking it and as a freebie it's a good glove. I think if I'd put it on use for normal rounds it'll last a fair amount of time. It's not a dig at the quality of the glove at all

I wasn't saying you were, touchy!

I was just reversing your range work into rounds and then using the word "we" to ask in general what "we" all expect from a glove.

I'd get that paranoia looked into if I was you, people might start talking about you......:smirk:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I wasn't saying you were, touchy!

I was just reversing your range work into rounds and then using the "we" to ask in general what "we" all expect from a glove.

I'd get that paranoia looked into if I was you, people might start talking about you......:smirk:

Not touchy. Tired and irritable though. What about a cabretta. I use FJ CabrettaSOf and I tend to get at least 30-40 rounds out of it with ease. Not quite as thin as other cabretta which may help its longevity

D

Deleted member 18121

Loved the tee ?!

Ok I'll ask the obvious question - what difference did your tee make ?

How can a tee make any difference ?

I only missed 1 fairway with my driver using the new tee and hit 3 in the 275-290 range. What's not to like?

Ok I'm not naive enough to think it's down to the tee, I was being faceacous, but whatever works right?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Not touchy. Tired and irritable though. What about a cabretta. I use FJ CabrettaSOf and I tend to get at least 30-40 rounds out of it with ease. Not quite as thin as other cabretta which may help its longevity

I'm going to try the "Zero Friction" Cabretta glove, most all other brands I've tried rip or tear around the fleshy part of my hand below my little finger after a handful of rounds, with XL hands and that fleshy part is huge, its stretched in that area immediately!