Zero Friction Glove

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Broke the tee on its first drive and the glove although fits nicely is showing more wear after two rounds than any glove i've used previously.

It took mine 3 rounds for wear to show on pad of thumb. Normally get 25-30 rounds before the glove simply gets too manky and crisp to play rather than shows wear.

chillicon

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just a thought about the durability...
Do those who have had 'shredding' use cord/ multi compound grips...?

Yes.

I have actually tried using the glove since, and the thumb pad wear doesn't actually appears to make any difference.

chillicon

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yes all my grips are Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound. However any other brand glove does not wear on the thumb pad.

I thought the same until the footjoy glove I bought to replace the zero friction glove did exactly the same thing after 3 rounds. Have played for almost 30 years and never experienced it.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I sent Zero Friction a mail, just to give them feedback, I said in the mail that it was the free glove that I had received that had worn and it would be very cheeky on my part to request a replacement. Never the less I got a reply asking for a photo of the glove which a duly sent this morning, I've just got a reply saying the wear is unacceptable and that they will send me out another glove.

I didn't ask for a new glove, but it does go someway to show their customer service is on the ball looking after their customers.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Mine died a death and holes in the fingers and thumb. It's hit a lot of balls and played a decent amount of golf. I would suggest it's probably lasted as long as other gloves so as a freebie I've been pleased and would consider another one for practice of it was cheap enough

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Pulled two of these out of the drawer having sat there for a couple of years.

Heading to ballyliffin with a bad forecast. Pissed down the whole time. Left and right glove went on at the 3rd hole. They didn't come off until the finish.

Turned out to be a godsend. Two of our group gave up after 9. They simply could not hold onto the club at all. All manner of club sipping contacts which was verging on dangerous at times with clubs slipping out of the hands.

A third had similar problems but stayed out with me as I wanted to continue.

With both gloves on I was pretty much completely fine. Just the wind and testing conditions to put up with.

Soaked through by the end. Pretty happy with how I got the ball around. Score pretty crape with 88 but felt it was as good as it was going to get in those conditions.

Overall these gloves did the business. I don't normally wear a glove at all but today it was essential.