Your thought's on pitch and putt please.

ColinR

Head Pro
Visit site
ColinR

Billingbear is just outside Wokingham if my memory serves. I presume you are local to that and not adverse to a cheeky challenge from me to a game

Sure, would love a game. I think we talked about this on pm a couple of weeks ago. I'll have more time back end of May.

Cheers.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think there is a gulf of difference between a pitch and putt course and a par 3 course. My memories of P&P are local authority run bits of grass with a bit of steel for the wedge and a bit of lead for a putter with greens the size of paddling pools that are cut by a gardener not a greenkeeper.

My Olivia is getting to an age where I would like to get her on a P&P but there is nothing near me that is worth the £££'s.

I have seen the par 3 course at Brucefield golf centre in Stirling and it looks like a good practice facility but have yet to play it.

D

Deleted member 1147

That's a good point Madandra, I've never played a proper par 3 course but always played the local P&P when on holiday as a lad.

The best I ever played (and most difficult) was at Holywell Bay near Newquay, about 15 years ago. That was a fun knock - and the best quality greens - as you say they are often not well kept if run by local councils!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have to say that I have never tried a pitch and putt course then. My local Par 3 has always been referred to as the Pitch and Putt course so always assumed that this was the case. I assume that pitch and putt courses are much shorter with no need to use a club above a pitching wedge.