Your Golfing Highlights of the year.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
The Pros, final day of The Open, very memorable TV

Personal, breaking PB of 90 at long last just 2 days ago with a gross 87 in a comp (enjoying the cut and now to figure out how to break 85!)

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Poor year scores-wise for me but enjoyed nearly every round I played.

Highlight of the year was another cracking weekend at Forest Pines.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Open. Amazing weekend with my 2 best mates for my 40th. Loved every minute of it from the train down, to the beers whilst there but most of all the whole event itself. The golf was amazing, the atmosphere was fantastic and the organisation was outstanding. Just a quality weekend.

Personally - left my club due to not having enough time to commit to it, played some new course including Sand Moor which was amazing and played some ok golf but not really moved on ability wise but thats due to not having enough time.

Break90

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Personal - Not a great year in terms of handicap and comps, so I'll go for the January swing changes finally feeling comfortable by October, and no sign of the unmentionables for a good few rounds now. Playing RCP probably the course highlight of the year/

Pro - a bit different to most, but I'm going for the video with Beef, Henrik, Rose and Kaymer for the little kids birthday, absolute quality.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
This season I've hit the ball the best I ever have and got cut a couple of shots and hitting a new low of 6.6.
Winning the H4H forum trip to Sunningdale Old & New & New Zealand.
Some great days out at opens at H&P, West Lancs, Pleasington with folks off here and a few others too.

Pro wise, I like the Sergio and Justin battle at the Masters and also the finish to the Open at Birkdale. Admiration for Lexi Thompson for the way she fought back and also Tommy Fleetwood as its great to see a humble guy do well (plus he's from the North West !).

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A shortened season due to health but just prior to the forced break I had a round at the Rolls of Monmouth and birdied the 4 par 5s in the same round. The best one being on 17 knowing that I had to hole a 15 footer to do it. Still finished 1 over gross though.

Pro wise was probably the finish at the masters.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Personally, it was playing the Old Course at St Andrews. I doubt anything will ever top that experience. Cannot wait to do it again.

I have had so many great trips this year and played some truly amazing courses. 2017 has been a good 'un

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Personally, winning the Fearnside Trophy for the club in the Bradford 8-15s union, first time for 40 years!

Pros - Tiger is back! (ducks for cover)

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Pro's - Garcia in the Masters was probably the good thing although he nearly didn't do it again.

Personally - Being Captain at my club. Never thought I would ever have been asked so it was an unexpected honour. Winning two competitions despite not having a good playing year and still got to my lowest ever handicap (one really good round in a medal).

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pros - Was there on Sunday at the Open, incredible atmosphere

Personal - Not much to write home about. To say it was stop-start would suggest it started. Away too much to get practice/play in. When I did get a run together there was plenty to be positive about. Play 9 consecutive holes in -1 gross at my course and +1 away on the back 9 at Gainsborough Karsten Lakes on my first visit. There's definately a player in there, just need to polish him up and send him round 18.

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
Yet again, my most enjoyable days golf was at Royal St Georges in March.
My best round was probably at The Oxfordshire (level par & started with a double).
Following Faldo during the practice round at Birkdale.
Have to say Sergio's Masters win, but also important to make mention of Speith's finish at The Open this year was incredible.
Tiger returning.

D

Deleted member 21258

For me - playing loads of golf with the family would be number one. There were a couple of stand out experiences, one at sunningdale old with Adam & a great guy Jimmie pops and a betterball comp at our club which with the hog roast evening gave us lots of laughs and drink(with Joanne/Adam and a great guy Ken).

For Pro - Watching Jordan speith ending to the UK open, it was so good.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
highlight of my year was playing Wolf Creek just outside Las Vegas, closely followed by a day at Sunningdale.
Performance wise, probably my PM round in the Alverstone Trophy @ Woodhall Spa. got me a .6 cut, won me a few prizes too.

Pros, loved seeing Sergio win, but would have to pick Eddie Pepperell, not just for is performances but for being the best follow on Twitter by a country mile

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Poor golfing year for me this year but our annual trip To Ireland with the lads was superb even if we got caught in the hurricane.

The Open , Spieths tee shot at the par 3 was something else after all that had went on before

Skypilot

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Got an eagle last week :D

Made all the sweeter as due to slow play by a foursome holding everyone up, the pair in front of us asked if we wanted to join them at the 9th. I miss hit my shot on this par three into a ditch about 50 yards away which showed I really was a high handicapper I'd told them.
Then on the next hole, a short dogleg par 4, I got a beautiful drive away leaving a 50 yarder to the large green with the pin about 20 yards in. Not being very confident with accuracy with my sand wedge I decided to do a chip 'n run with my 7 iron. Line was great, bounced on to the green and run perfectly up to the pin and dropped in. As I was the last to play the other three guys were all on the green watching.
My first ever eagle
:whoo: