Your first 7" single

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Maybe something for the older. I was listening to this the other day and it did bring back a lot of nostalgia, and also showed how much those old 7" singles meant at a time before downloading became the fashion.
7" of Joy: The Single at 75
and it got me thinking to the first single I bought. I was about 7 at the time and it was The Monkees Last Train to Clarksville.

Anybody remember what their first purchase was?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
My music choices back in the early 70’s were a bit eclectic. First album, the Planets suite by Gustav Holst, followed by Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon. First single, Silly Love Songs by McCartney.

RichA

Visit site
Don't think I ever actually bought one. The first I owned were stolen from my sister - I Don't Like Mondays and Message In A Bottle.
40 odd years later, I'll occasionally hear them on the radio and can still remember the exact points where they used to stick or jump a groove.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My first what??

I had some cassette tapes when I was young. I remember having Oasis - What's the Story Morning Glory and Blur - The Great Escape on cassette. I guess I was a double agent. 😄 Also had Del Amitri - Waking Hours on cassette, which came out in 1989 so I must have got it a few years after that in the mid 90s.

Those were albums though of course. The only single I seem to remember owning (on cassette again) was Soul Asylum - Runaway Train, for some reason!

I didn't buy any of these myself though, I was only about 10 years old. By the time I was old enough to buy albums with my own money, the internet was already a thing so I never would have bought a 'single'. Just CD albums.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
It was never 7" singles in the genre I was in to, every release was a 12" EP and I think my first was either Force Mass Motion's Sonik Source EP or possible Underworld's Rez.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
"Apache" by the Shadows. Showing my age
You are not alone.
Mine was also The Shadows - in this case Shazam! Must have been about 7 years old.
Curiously, I just looked it up and it seems that Shazam was the B-side to Geronimo, but I always thought it was the A-side.