You know you're at a posh club when?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I had that at North Hants a few weeks ago. It did not strike me as a posh club. It was a lovely touch by the club for the visitor, such as I was that day. The starter also advised us how best to play the 1st.

It's only a par 3 FFS, what was he advising, a layup, cut it in from the right/left, just take the yardage and smack it on the green, it's hardly a testing 1st hole!

We started on the 10th

The 10th is a Par 3.

:rofl: So it didn't happen then, you've attempted to deflect my comment by being clever and saying you started on the 10th without checking, when in fact it is also a par 3......... Busted :whoo:

D

Deleted member 1740

:rofl: So it didn't happen then, you've attempted to deflect my comment by being clever and saying you started on the 10th without checking, when in fact it is also a par 3......... Busted :whoo:

It makes you think if he really played it or not, I'm not too sure.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
It makes you think if he really played it or not, I'm not too sure.

Maybe he's just wanting to join the chuckle brothers on their post count crusade and post for the sakes of postings, he looks pretty well busted to me gamer.gif

S

Snelly

Maybe he's just wanting to join the chuckle brothers on their post count crusade and post for the sakes of postings, he looks pretty well busted to me View attachment 19721

Tiresome. Your posts on this thread seem somewhat mean spirited to me.

I have only played North Hants the once and on that occasion, we were very well looked after by the starter (a past Captain I think) who kindly explained yardage markers, local rules and their expectations of visitors on the tee of our first hole. He then gave us the precise yardage to the flag and offered a couple of suggestions on how to play the hole. These were helpful and we were made to feel very welcome. A great start to a first class day at a superb club.

We also started on the 10th.

And on a separate note, a post count crusade? Oh the irony.

Fish

Banned
Visit site

I have only played North Hants the once and on that occasion, we were very well looked after by the starter (a past Captain I think) who kindly explained yardage markers, local rules and their expectations of visitors on the tee of our first hole. He then gave us the precise yardage to the flag and offered a couple of suggestions on how to play the hole. These were helpful and we were made to feel very welcome. A great start to a first class day at a superb club.

1352668238sleepy-emoticon-yawning.jpg

D

Deleted member 1740

Did you have a look in the JR shrine?

DCB

Visit site
Come on gents, lets all play nicely together otherwise it's going to be a very long day indeed :D

Last edited: