You know you're at a posh club when?

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
Played a club last week and we went in the clubhouse after the game and ordered 3 pints and 3 packets of crisps but we weren't allowed to eat them out of the packet, they first had to be emptied into a bowl.
What other events has anybody encountered that has made them realise they are in classier sort of place than they normally play?

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played a club last week and we went in the clubhouse after the game and ordered 3 pints and 3 packets of crisps but we weren't allowed to eat them out of the packet, they first had to be emptied into a bowl.
What other events has anybody encountered that has made them realise they are in classier sort of place than they normally play?

Played at Carden Park a few weeks back in an open.
Went to get dressed after our round because there was a meal after.

Went in to the locker room and oh my lord.
The first thing you see is two red leather sofas in front of a fire with a 50 inch plasma TV above it.
Went round the corner and there was a sauna!!! Then about 6 individual showers with a massive mirror with hair driers etc.

I was in awe!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

my place does that, trouble is all the guys you are playing with then nick you chrisps;(

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played at Carden Park a few weeks back in an open.
Went to get dressed after our round because there was a meal after.

Went in to the locker room and oh my lord.
The first thing you see is two red leather sofas in front of a fire with a 50 inch plasma TV above it.
Went round the corner and there was a sauna!!! Then about 6 individual showers with a massive mirror with hair driers etc.

I was in awe!

Lovely 'little' locker room, is that.

irip

Head Pro
Visit site

Why would you empty crisps and beer into a bowl, did the crisps not get soggy?:rofl:

Played at a couple of places where they clean your clubs after your round, always a nice touch

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
You arrive, you change, you play golf, and get back to find some blighter has cleaned your shoes.

Or if you're talking much more upmarket than one is normally used to; getting back to your car and finding it still has all four wheels :)

Last edited:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Never seen a locker room with TV so I need to tick that one off sometime and no ones offered to 'decant' my crisps! (although by definition if they serve crisps, bagged or otherwise, it clearly loses points in the posh ratings?)

Most of the time its the little things that seem to stand out to me (club logo 'imprinted' into the sand in ashtrays etc)

The club/shoe cleaning thing is a nice touch and always appreciated (even though I'll probably do them again at home) Club drop off/collection service I guess must be common enough now

Crushed ice in the urinals was quirky first time I saw it and post round chilled face towels are very welcome. Complimentary fruit, cookies, iced tea etc on the course

Course I was at yesterday had a towel made into a baby seal in the locker room!

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
You know you're at a posh club, when you go looking for your ball in the trees/rough and you find brand new current year Pro V1's rather than Top Flite, Dunlop or MaxFli from the late 90's

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
As evidenced by this point, there is a big difference between the 'posher' and 'classier' words used by the OP.

In fairness it was a member (trying to be friendly) who made the comment and I don't think he realised that the club had moved on (slightly) in that regard.

And, no, it wasn't muirfield who were actually very welcoming when I played there.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
You know you're at a posh club, when you go looking for your ball in the trees/rough and you find brand new current year Pro V1's rather than Top Flite, Dunlop or MaxFli from the late 90's

I can't relate to most of the other posts, unfortunately, but this one made me laugh as that is one of my judges of a posh club. The quality of found balls! Khamelion, mate we need to go touring down south :rofl:

Another vote for the comment highlighting the difference between posh and classy. A small but significant difference. Out of interest were the crips standard Walkers or those useless Kettle crisps which "better" clubs seem to insist on but are in fact rubbish?