ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When you ask for a glass of tap water and the barman says

" we only have serve the finest glacial spring at £9.99 a bottle "

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Putting crisps from a sterile bag into a disgusting, never been cleaned, basket is a no no in my book.

Clubs with stupid rules like long socks with shorts should just wither and die!

D

Deleted member 18588

Putting crisps from a sterile bag into a disgusting, never been cleaned, basket is a no no in my book.

Clubs with stupid rules like long socks with shorts should just wither and die!

Sterile bag??

Blimey you've got some faith in the food industry.

pogle

Head Pro
Visit site
Always makes me laugh the staff at Muirfield. When ive played as a members guest they can't do enough for you and when you are just i visitor, treated like something they brought in on their shoe...:rofl:

When I played there as a visitor the staff couldn't do enough to help.

the hammer

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Lindrick, non members are not allowed to stand on the carpet in the club house or use the double doors in the bar area, use a side door with a mat on the carpet to get to the bar.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Always makes me laugh the staff at Muirfield. When ive played as a members guest they can't do enough for you and when you are just i visitor, treated like something they brought in on their shoe...:rofl:

Played there quite a few times - in both guises - and not noticed any difference in their perfect attitude in either case!

Last edited:

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played a club last week and we went in the clubhouse after the game and ordered 3 pints and 3 packets of crisps but we weren't allowed to eat them out of the packet, they first had to be emptied into a bowl.
What other events has anybody encountered that has made them realise they are in classier sort of place than they normally play?

It can't have been very posh if they were selling crisps. :D

lex!

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Tbh, the posh club nearest me is a total joy to visit. We have only been made totally welcome there. Everything is immaculate. Course, pro shop, club house, practice facilities. I would love to join. Might try and save up some money and do so. They welcome women members, which is pretty fair in this day and age considering women make up half the uk population. There are no manky societies and no riff raff.

S

Snelly

A plasma TV in the changing rooms is not a sign of a decent golf club. Loch Lomond has one for example and it is certainly not posh. It is a club for oiks with a few shekels.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Played at Carden Park a few weeks back in an open.
Went to get dressed after our round because there was a meal after.

Went in to the locker room and oh my lord.
The first thing you see is two red leather sofas in front of a fire with a 50 inch plasma TV above it.
Went round the corner and there was a sauna!!! Then about 6 individual showers with a massive mirror with hair driers etc.

I was in awe!

Why would you want to sit in a locker room watching TV while fat ugly naked blokes are walking around you, and how many bare bums have been sat on that settee :eek: