Yet Another Disappointment

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not much between them in styles so that is an odd one. It is what it is though 🤷‍♂️.
I think the only thing that connects them is the fact they deliver one-liners. The delivery is polar opposite, Milton Jones has made a career of being somewhat downcast and sombre in his delivery whilst Tim Vine is like a kid on a Costco sized tub of Haribo.

I think a lot of people prefer Milton Jones as they don't like the child-like exuberance of Tim Vine.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think the only thing that connects them is the fact they deliver one-liners. The delivery is polar opposite, Milton Jones has made a career of being somewhat downcast and sombre in his delivery whilst Tim Vine is like a kid on a Costco sized tub of Haribo.

I think a lot of people prefer Milton Jones as they don't like the child-like exuberance of Tim Vine.
I love Tim Vine! I wish he was my uncle. That would be great.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
How much fun would family dinners be :ROFLMAO: . Or maybe you want to strangle him by the end of the night 🤷‍♀️
Nah, I get proper 'favourite uncle' vibes from him. His appearance on Taskmaster confirmed it, he was just adorable on that. Love his stand-up too, not just the puns and 'dad jokes' but the silly songs he comes up with and plays as well. Not every is aware of those.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have not been to see a comedian in quite a while. I just do not get big venue comedy shows. I always felt stand up is a small venue, intimiate type of performance and I just do not see how it is a wortwhile (considering the cost) thing to see in a place housing a few thousand. Maybe that is just me. Used to like going to comedy clubs when I was younger, was just a good way to spend a Saturday night. Perhaps it is time to try again. Last one I went to was Ed Byrne. I had got my dates wrong and had missed the show I had tickets for. Mentioned it on social media and he got in touch and put 2 tickets aside for me to see him at his next local show that weekend. Had to take a bit of ribbing on the night but that was fine and to be expected. He was actually very funny

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Tim Vine was the same, and I equally laughed constantly. Just funny.
Talking of him, he hosted an industry awards night that I went to several years and his comedy just didn't work in that type of environment, whereas I have seen Jimmy Carr & a few others host the same awards night and be very funny but have a sembalance of control on the evening.