Yet Another Disappointment

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Welp. We've been to see so many "comedians" over the years. Many of whom are household names. How on earth they can honestly say they are worth the money we've paid out is beyond me. The latest load of tripe was another super duper household name who's reviews, I've just read, match up to what I've just had the misfortune to endure. God almighty, if that's the best you've got, then you should cancel all you're remaining shows and slink off into retirement. The reviews are kind enough to stop short of saying what should be said. But are 100%correct.
The king of comedy currently, by an absolute billion miles, is Jack Dee. No one else is even in the same ball park.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Welp. We've been to see so many "comedians" over the years. Many of whom are household names. How on earth they can honestly say they are worth the money we've paid out is beyond me. The latest load of tripe was another super duper household name who's reviews, I've just read, match up to what I've just had the misfortune to endure. God almighty, if that's the best you've got, then you should cancel all you're remaining shows and slink off into retirement. The reviews are kind enough to stop short of saying what should be said. But are 100%correct.
The king of comedy currently, by an absolute billion miles, is Jack Dee. No one else is even in the same ball park.
I haven’t seen Jack Dee for twenty years. The last time we saw him I would have left half way through if the wife had agreed.

Peter Kay, was mildly amusing the first time. Then about as funny as standing on a 1 by 1 Lego piece the second and last time.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I haven’t seen Jack Dee for twenty years. The last time we saw him I would have left half way through if the wife had agreed.

Peter Kay, was mildly amusing the first time. Then about as funny as standing on a 1 by 1 Lego piece the second and last time.

Knowing when to retire and call it a day must be hard for them

Lee Evans I always found funny

Wife and I got tickets to what turned out to be his last ever tour and then he has disappeared off into retirement in 2014 (he would have been 50 then so could carry on)

Prob the right time to go, went out on top form

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We went to see Ricky Gervais years ago and walked out halfway through. Self indulgent claptrap and not at all funny.

Before kids the wife and I went to see tones of comics .. we live on the district line to Hammersmith Apollo and the O2 were easily reachable

Jack Whitehall
Lee evans
Ricky Gervais
Russel brand
Russel Howard
Micheal McIntyre
John bishop
Andy parsons
Jon Richardson

To name just the ones who I can remember

The one we both didn't enjoy and felt was just not funny is Franky Boyle

Now I have a very dark sense of humour and even I thought he was just trying to insult his audience

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Dave Gorman
Jimmy Carr
Sean Lock (god bless)

All live in our town arts centre, but none of whom I found particularly laugh out loud funny…maybe I’m just a miserablist. I’d like to see Kevin Bridges as I get his Clydeside observational humour, like Connolly’s.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dave Gorman
Jimmy Carr
Sean Lock (god bless)

All live in our town arts centre, but none of whom I found particularly laugh out loud funny…maybe I’m just a miserablist. I’d like to see Kevin Bridges as I get his Clydeside observational humour, like Connolly’s.

Thank you, I couldn't think of Kevin bridges name last night. Another brilliant stand up

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lee Mack was my biggest disappointment, he just bombed. Sarah Millican also forgot to be funny the night we saw her 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Too many just swear a lot live as though that instantly makes people laugh. It's a cop out. That and only having half an act prepared, the other half dependent on the front row, are my pet comedy peeves.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lee Mack was my biggest disappointment, he just bombed. Sarah Millican also forgot to be funny the night we saw her 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Too many just swear a lot live as though that instantly makes people laugh. It's a cop out. That and only having half an act prepared, the other half dependent on the front row, are my pet comedy peeves.

D

Deleted member 15344

Ah comedy

Just as music will always come down to personal taste

Seen some great ones like

Sean Lock
Peter Kay
Jethro
Jason Byrne

Though Russel Howard was horrific

And people like Frankie Boyle just abusive

Looking forward to seeing Paul Smith

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Very much down to personal taste. Mrs Hobbit loves Michael MacIntyre but I think he could put a glass eye to sleep. I think some comedians are deliberately abrasive, mistaking embarrassed laughter for affirmation that their content is good.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Add my wife and I to those who walked out of Frankie Boyle, very funny one-liners on Mock the Week, but his live show just wasn’t funny. I was lucky enough to have seen Micky Flanagan before he hit the big time, and we get a few names practicing their routines at our local Arts Centre, Michael McIntyre was great.

Red devil

Visit site
John Bishop thinks whatever he says is funny because of his accent. He's wrong.

Good old @Crazyface not mentioning the comedian. Posted after last orders, his evening wasn't so bad
I know someone who worked with John Bishop and they said he never spoke like that when he knew him

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Saw John Bishop 20+yrs ago, when he was just doing the local clubs. He was brilliant. Not so impressed in recent years.

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
Don’t get the dislike of Frankie Boyle. I wonder if his political and social opinions are what turn a lot of you off him.