The farce of THE MAIL on SUNDAY FIRST ROUND...please read

alexgolf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi Everyone

Some great comments again on here and thank you for taking the time.

I will have a good look later when home from work and give some thoughts.

A

Driveonin

Visit site
it does seem harsh, our ladies were given two dates and ended up playing on a course with 18 temp greens. We were told that would be allowed to get the competition played. there are always problems at this time of year so perhaps more time should be give at the start and a shorter period at the end. It's a thankless task.

Driveonin

Visit site
but isn't that all part of it. The competition starts in the winter, with near 3000 teams there should be more time. If your best players are on hoilday the surely that's the rub of the green, just like if you get snowed off!

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We were kicked out on the toss of a coin despite our efforts to play some kind of golf. I called the MoS to ask what would happen and they said to play some form of golf even if it were a nearest the pin or putting in the bar. So this was agreed with our competitors to turn up no mater what to get a result.

I get a text Saturday night saying that our competition would not be showing up as it is unsafe to drive...really?! Surely then they have conceded the match? Not in the eyes of the MoS!

Voting with my feet next year, I for one will not be taking part. Have enough hassle organising our own comps :)

CK

You've more right to be hacked off imo. Whilst understand what you say about voting with your feet, not being funny I doubt the MoS will really take note of 1 or 2 clubs not bothering entering amongst 000's

If you really wanted to stick it to them, get to the final next year then tell them you can't play!