Yes putters

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know a few use these, having a fall out with my scotty more to with it being a blade putter as opposed to the actual brand/face type

I am looking at a Yes Madison or Athena as they are 39.99 from golfdepot which is about my limit. Is the C roll good? Does it take some getting used to or just like any other putter. I know practise makes perfect but I still want something bigger lol

I am not a fan of insert putters so fancied trying something slightly different.

cheers in advance :)

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have had three,a Callie,a Marilyn,and a Sandy,and they are good flatsticks.Nice,true roll from the C-grooves and decent weighty heads.They look pretty swish too! :thup: PS I will trade you the Callie and Marilyn for your Scotty!:D

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have had three,a Callie,a Marilyn,and a Sandy,and they are good flatsticks.Nice,true roll from the C-grooves and decent weighty heads.They look pretty swish too! :thup: PS I will trade you the Callie and Marilyn for your Scotty!:D

its not pristine and has no headcover :p

RogB

Medal Winner
Visit site
I picked up a Yes Madison nice and cheap from fore24 last year. I haven't used many different putters so have little to compare with but I find it very easy to align and generally putt well with it. Its face balanced so goes best with a straight back n forward stroke. Sets off a good roll on the ball and consistent with pace as it is fairly weighty. I only play pay n play courses (or occasional better places on trips to Scotland) and I would say it works well for me on what I assume are slightly slower greens.
HTH

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I found the C-Roll worked well until I hit slightly off centre.
I found distance control tricky, sometimes the ball went nowhere, sometimes it just exploded off the face...
Nice putters though.....

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I had a Yes Robin for a time and thought it was excellent.

The C-Groove tech for me is massively underrated in the industry. I thought it was excellent.

If you have the chance to get one, especially at that price, you got nothing to lose.

Either that or save yourself a tenner and get yourself a putting lesson with your Scotty :thup:

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a Yes Sophia putter when I first started. It looked amazing but I couldn't putt with it for toffee. In the 437 putters I've had since, I still can't putt.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I hated the c groove tech, ones out the middle would rocket, ones slightly off come up well short. When I googled then this was a pretty standard response.

You need a nice pretty rife gibbo my old buddy

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
I hated the c groove tech, ones out the middle would rocket, ones slightly off come up well short. When I googled then this was a pretty standard response.

You need a nice pretty rife gibbo my old buddy

I totally agree mate, a nice Rife 400 Mid Mallet Gibbo, yours delivered for £40!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I never found a style I liked and didn't like face. I assume that now Yes have gone inot administration in the UK (I assume from Bob's recent V-easy thread this is the case) they will no longe be on sale and shops will only have whatever they have in stock left to flog. Might be some bargains to be had as a result