Yes putters

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
With putter prices going through the roof, just wondered if anyone still games a Yes putter? Some amazing deals on eBay and golfbidder, and a fraction of the price of a new Odyssey or Taylormade.
I still game the Madison which I love, the c grooves give the ball such an amazing roll. Am thinking of adding Valerie and Hanna to the stable, anyone tried a different model and do you still use it today? Play Adams irons too and think they took over Yes before both were taken over by TM! Soft spot for a retro brand and brilliant value for quality putters

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I thought I'd heard that, after tying up with Betinardi, he asked them to make as close a copy as possible of whichever Yes putter he was using..
And they duly obliged
Makes me laugh when they sign to a specific brand,but then ask them to make something as close a copy to another brand they like.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I think the main reason is that he liked the putter so much but just couldn't get hold of any...and the ones he could were probably knackered
Yeah but you also hear similar stories of players that switch clubs/balls.
Not sure how true they are.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had a Marilyn back in the day.
Can't say I ever loved it but it was decent.
I had trouble with distance control with it
This was my problem. If you hit the 2mm sweet spot the ball flew off it. Anywhere else it was dead. I loved the look of it but just couldn't get on with it distance wise. You never quite knew what was going to happen.