XBOX 360 elite or PS3?

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
PS 3 is like a cls amg brabus editon jon where as an xbox is like a tvr fast and fun till it breaks down!

with the ps3 you get the blueray player inbuit which for you would be perfect as your not fussed about the online feature!

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
ps3 everyday of the week had 3 xboxes and they all broke (red rings or something)however i heard the new batches have sorted the problem out,had my ps3 over a year no problems at all better graphics and can play blu rays and better joy pads,

Online play is free on the ps3 too unlike the xbox if you do get into it

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
PS3 will probably suit your needs best.

The xbox is the more 'fun' console and the PS3 is a bit more serious. If I was going to buy one currently based purely on the benefits the pros / cons bring it would be the PS3 mainly due to its built in blu-ray player which is great.

Have fun which ever one you buy :D

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Goin to treat myself and wondered whats best.

I was thinking the same today.

For me it's got to be the best for 1) a driving game 2) a golf sim and 3) some platform stuff.

Anyone know if there's anything worthwile GOLF-wise on the PSP.....the thought of coach journeys playing a few rounds on a portable would make my life perfect!!

CarpeDiem

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have a PS3 and I would recommend it to anyone, its just an awsome console, with great games and features such as the inbuilt Blu-Ray.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
PS3 wider choice of games, NO CHANCE!!!

I have a 360, and for all its Faults I love it. I dont online it anymore because I had it flashed and XBOX kindly asked me to leave, well they threw me out of the virtual world.

I had the original PS, PS2 and then got the XBOX, I played HALO and never looked back. The XBOX is a great all round experience but I must admit I have looked at the PS3 and wondered. Fact that they dont come cheap is a bit of a bummer. You can get an XBOX Arcade for £99 quid now or a premium with 4 games for about £160. Cheapest PS3 I have seen is about £280 and for that reason I wont take the plunge.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
the reason they dont come cheap is the blue rray player!

not only is it a blue ray player but it is a more than satisfactory brp in terms of home media enthusiast!

i agree xbox 360 has got an equal array of titles but ps3 has got the technical edge in terms of overall quality! plus it looks nicer1 ;)

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm with Tony (lol btw- getting kicked out of xbox live) the 360 definitely has more, better games. I also share the same reasoning as to why I chose the 360 over the PS3- even though the playstation wasn't out when I bought mine.
I just knew I wouldn't want to spend the money when it came out.

The blueray is an attractive selling point and there is no doubt it is an equally good console, if not better. If I was to be given one for free I would definitely choose the PS3 now.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thing is I dont want a Blue-Ray, I never buy DVD's dont see the point, once I have watched a film, I wont watch it again. Good it comes as standard but they could of made a cheaper version and but the blue ray player on the PS3 'elite' version.

Giving up with xbox though, its seems to be dying, I could replace it for £99 quid but am intrigued by the PS3.

I loved how xbox had everything online, demo's/video's game upgrades, for free and the option to buy bundles to add to games you already have.

What can you do on the PS3 online? I know its free so thats a bonus, but what has it got too offer.

Microsoft have just revamped there online world I believe and from what I hear, its pretty good.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
good choice jon!

Tony ps3 does pretty much xbox did now

i don t like the xbox avatar stuff it just cains memory and slows stuff down!!

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
Blu rays are so expensive like TonyN i dont buy films although i buy sitcoms etc,i do hire blu rays though from Blockbuster 3 for £10 aint bad value at all,seeing is beliveing once you watched a good film on blu ray nothing else compares