Wyndham Clark illegal putting alignment ?

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Just enforce the 40 second stroke time suggestion. I would go for the Countdown clock music (extended from 30 to 40 seconds) starting the moment the playing partner strikes their ball. You and your caddy can do anything in that time but you don’t get any longer. Dependent on the ‘vibe’ of the tournament, the crowd can maybe join in on the last few bars.
LIV will be all over this idea. I hope they pay you handsomely for coming up with it. :)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just enforce the 40 second stroke time suggestion. I would go for the Countdown clock music (extended from 30 to 40 seconds) starting the moment the playing partner strikes their ball. You and your caddy can do anything in that time but you don’t get any longer. Dependent on the ‘vibe’ of the tournament, the crowd can maybe join in on the last few bars.

What a great idea for the 3 minute search rule :ROFLMAO:

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Caddy - Scottish term for one who hangs around waiting for odd jobs.
It is not intrinsic to the game that one needs a dogsbody to clean ones clubs, hold your brolly, and clean your clubs. Much less, simulate playing a shot with your wedge on a green. They should have gone the way of the rut iron.

D-S

Visit site
Caddy - Scottish term for one who hangs around waiting for odd jobs.
It is not intrinsic to the game that one needs a dogsbody to clean ones clubs, hold your brolly, and clean your clubs. Much less, simulate playing a shot with your wedge on a green. They should have gone the way of the rut iron.
If you have played abroad (further than the Costas or Algarve) you would realise that the use of caddies is a useful way of providing local employment opportunities. You may say that the money earned are crumbs from the Rich’s table but nevertheless it is proper well remunerated employment. In South Africa they are the staple of many golf courses. In countries like Zimbabwe and Nigeria where buggies are few they are really useful. It is great fun and you learn a lot using local caddies - there is no way on earth I can read grainy greens but they are unbelievable at it.
Even in the US caddies or Forecaddies are mandatory at the better courses, they add to the experience as well as ensure pace of play and care of the course.
Disallowing them or making them extinct because of irritations watching multi millionaires on TV wasting everyone’s time would be incredibly shortsighted.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

tough read, I guess 'you had to be there' to understand a lot of the references. But lots of flawed analogies too i think. Too easy to pick holes in them