Practicing on the course….

Steven Rules

Visit site
Would it be Ok if that Par 3 was the groups 1st hole? :sneaky:
Yes. That would be ok.

The prohibition on giving or asking for advice does not apply before a round, while play is stopped under Rule 5.7a or between rounds in a competition. (Rule 10.2a)

A player’s round starts when the player makes a stroke to start his or her first hole. (Rule 5.3a)

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Yes. That would be ok.

The prohibition on giving or asking for advice does not apply before a round, while play is stopped under Rule 5.7a or between rounds in a competition. (Rule 10.2a)

A player’s round starts when the player makes a stroke to start his or her first hole. (Rule 5.3a)

Thanks yeah that's what I reckoned
Just for precision (& fun) if the fourball is Player A,B,C,D, assuming they tee off in alphabetical order and Players C & D are discussing club selection (or other advice) on 1st tee prior to the round starting
Must they cease prior to Player C teeing off or must it cease when Player A tees off?
(I'm guessing comp format might also play a part i.e in an individual comp of if Player C was 'teamed' with Player A)

salfordlad

Visit site
Thanks yeah that's what I reckoned
Just for precision (& fun) if the fourball is Player A,B,C,D, assuming they tee off in alphabetical order and Players C & D are discussing club selection (or other advice) on 1st tee prior to the round starting
Must they cease prior to Player C teeing off or must it cease when Player A tees off?
(I'm guessing comp format might also play a part i.e in an individual comp of if Player C was 'teamed' with Player A)
The order of play and the format of play make no difference. Any person that has not yet played their first stroke cannot get a penalty for offering advice, nor can anyone that offers advice to a non-started person be penalised.