WTD new shoes

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Had a look on eBay saw some options quite like the ecco and ogio bags, overly priced either, also found some cheap unbranded ones that looked OK

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My Ecco tour hybrids (the brown brogues) are nearly 5 years old. Worn in all conditions and for pretty much every round I’ve played in this time.

Cost a few quid but honestly the most durable and comfortable shoes I’ve ever had.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ecco all day long, some real bargains to be had, esp the spikeless. Inverness Golf Centre had loads for less than a £100 a few weeks ago

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bag wise, I've got a Titleist StaDry carry bag (think someone has mentioned it's made by Sun Mountain). It's great, keeps everything nice and dry. Check eBay for last years model (they don't change too much each year). I did that and saved about £50.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm currently using Crivit (LIDL) golf shoes extremely comfortable, leather not plastic and waterproof. I have been buying these for about the past five years and around £25 a pair no need to keep wearing past their best before date. They come with a second set of spikes two different types of insoles and a carry bag.

I would add that have very poor feet and comfort means everything to me and many pairs of golf shoes have been discarded after just wearing for a few rounds.

badgb21

Hacker
Visit site
I'm fussy with shoes, only because I have wide feet and they are blister up really easy.
I think shoes are a very personal thing as regards fit and comfort.
When I'm looking, I trundle round AG and ponder at the prices... I have recently been brave enough to venture into Sports direct, it's always an experience!
But the choice has been quite large, with many on discount.
I sprung for a pair of these Callaways and so far very happy, but too soon to comment on durability; They seem waterproof and ran a bit warm on a hot day.
https://www.sportsdirect.com/callaway-cheviot-ll-golf-shoes-mens-282009?colcode=28200930

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Well I bought my shoes went for the ecco cage pro, were so comfortable until the second hole and my heels started to get a bit sore, by the 9th I could barely walk, (I still finished the round) both hells were all blistered and bleeding socks all blood and the inside of the shoes covered in blood too

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well I bought my shoes went for the ecco cage pro, were so comfortable until the second hole and my heels started to get a bit sore, by the 9th I could barely walk, (I still finished the round) both hells were all blistered and bleeding socks all blood and the inside of the shoes covered in blood too
Get some Compeed silicon plasters from Boots the chemist, next time put your old shoes in your bag to change into.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
A plaster is just as good and a heck of a lot cheaper.

If you insist on wanting to get "blister specific" just buy Tesco or similar supermarket's own. Half the price at least.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
My Ecco tour hybrids (the brown brogues) are nearly 5 years old. Worn in all conditions and for pretty much every round I’ve played in this time.

Cost a few quid but honestly the most durable and comfortable shoes I’ve ever had.

I have a pair of these. As waterproof as a tea bag. I have worn them to work every day for the last 5 years. Comfy, yes, well made, yes, still look great, yes. Golf shoes? No. Not for me.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I'll no doubt just grin and bare it I'm just annoyed that I paid £110 for shoes that have caused me so much pain and now cost me a full week + of golf, I wish I could send pics on this site as I think youd be shocked at the damage

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'll no doubt just grin and bare it I'm just annoyed that I paid £110 for shoes that have caused me so much pain and now cost me a full week + of golf, I wish I could send pics on this site as I think youd be shocked at the damage
No pictures please, I can still remember your bright red sunburned legs, even after I told you to put sun cream on :ROFLMAO:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'm going to buck the trend and not recommend ECCO...
Had a pair of Cage and a pair of Base One and neither could cope with a heavy dew let alone rain. They're water resistant not waterproof
Moved up to a pair of Cool Gore-Tex and one month out of warranty they split and shipped an ocean's worth.
I must be just unlucky with shoes although I've had a pair of Skechers Pro for a year with no problems and I've recently got a pair of the new version too.
Super comfy.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Were was these posts when I was looking to buy, I'm now not blaming ecco and looking to blame imurg and jacko for not warning me sooner 😀

Wolf

Visit site
If your getting blisters get some zinc oxide tape from boots and strap the feet up with that, used to be able to tab for miles in military boots with that stuff and it takes the friction for you. Or buy some 1000 mile socks they're double layered and rub against each other keeping the foot inside safe from rubbing against the who he..