Need new golf shoes

CKeen

Visit site
Hi,

I need new golf shoes. I play once a week and will play through winter and summer months. Do you have any recommendations for the best all weather golf shoe?

I am looking for comfort, dry feet and good grip.

Thanks

CKeen

Visit site
Hi,

I need new golf shoes. I play once a week and will play through winter and summer months. Do you have any recommendations for the best all weather golf shoe?

I am looking for comfort, dry feet and good grip. I don’t want to spend hundreds of £’s but with amount I play, I am looking for durability.

Thanks

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Currently wearing UA Hovr Drive Goretex and Skechers Go Golf Pro V4
So far so good - both watertight, both good grip, both comfy but the Skechers just edge it.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ecco Golf Shoes. That’s all I buy now, super comfortable, long lasting and well made.
One pair are Goretex the other are hydromax.

I had one pair of Ecco shoes. Goretex and £190 rrp Not comfortable and one of them leaked within a couple of months. Not for me. Prefer Adidas & Footjoy.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Currently wearing UA Hovr Drive Goretex and Skechers Go Golf Pro V4
So far so good - both watertight, both good grip, both comfy but the Skechers just edge it.
Another vote for UA Hovr Drive. I have the non goretex version but still keep the feet dry and very comfortable with no hot spots or aching after a round.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another vote in terms of comfort for sketchers go golf V4. Comfy straight out of the box. I also have a spikeless pair of adidas tour 360 xt, which are great, but needed breaking in!

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
I have 2 pairs, both FootJoy. Black AQLs for winter/wet weather, and white Pro SLs for the dry rounds. I would never dream of wearing the white spikeless shoes in winter.

I think shoes are a very personal thing. What one person finds supremely comfortable another finds torture. You need to try some on and find what suits you. All I can say is that I have never had any issues with the waterproofing of my FootJoys, and I’ve had the AQLs for several years now

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I'd echo some of the comments above. You need to try before you buy. Everyones feet are different shapes and the same goes for golf shoes. Some brands are narrower than others, some have a more comfortable sole, there are different fastening systems, and you also need to decide whether to go for removable spikes or a dimpled sole.
I'm quite broad foot so the Skechers are very comfortable for me. I've found them to be pretty waterproof too.
I'd also echo that you generally need more than one pair of shoes depending on the weather, course, etc.
The difficulty you have of course is finding somewhere you can try them on at the moment. :confused:

Diamond

Visit site
My Puma Ignite have seen better days and had them for 18 months, I might try the Sketchers for size as long as they don’t get sweaty. I too where white air max spike-less in the summer months and too the range.