Need new golf shoes

D

Deleted member 25172

Why? They're just rubber spikes. Only a fraction longer than the kind you get on summer shoes. Still offer good grip. Why would they be worse than the big circular spikes you get on other shoes? Like these things for example.

Cause they looked long, thin and spiky, to me, in the images. I'll take your word for it that they're not. (y)

TigerBear

Visit site
DO NOT buy the Adidas codechaos had them little under a month and they are already leaking in water.

Outraged! Paid over £100 for them.

The Adidas tour XT 360 for £40 more are far more comfortable, real leather upper and by far the comfiest golf shoe I've worn. Had them about a year now and still water proof!

TigerBear

Visit site
They are a summer golf shoe with a spongey type fabric around the ankle and for the tongue, they're obviously not meant to be worn in the depths of winter, especially in the weather we've had.

Just save them for the summer.

I can't, they're an awful shoe as they are like wearing two bricks. Guaranteed to be waterproof but maybe I got a dud pair

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can't, they're an awful shoe as they are like wearing two bricks. Guaranteed to be waterproof but maybe I got a dud pair

Even my footjoy boots can leak water from time to time if you go in long rough and the water touches bottom of trousers and bridges the gap

No shoe can truly 100% waterproof apart from Wellington boots maybe

D

Deleted member 15344

The pair of CodeChaos I have are very comfortable but I certainly wouldn’t wear them in the winter.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I normally buy FJ's but looking at a pair of Skechers as an alternative. I want spikeless.
Don't want to spend a fortune, but want to be pretty comfy and lightweight.
Has anybody got a pair of these, and if so, what do you think of them???
https://www.golfonline.co.uk/sketchers-ladies-golf-elite-v.4-golf-shoes
(Don't know why it says "ladies" in the link, 'cos they appear on the website as "mens")....

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I normally buy FJ's but looking at a pair of Skechers as an alternative. I want spikeless.
Don't want to spend a fortune, but want to be pretty comfy and lightweight.
Has anybody got a pair of these, and if so, what do you think of them???
https://www.golfonline.co.uk/sketchers-ladies-golf-elite-v.4-golf-shoes
(Don't know why it says "ladies" in the link, 'cos they appear on the website as "mens")....
one of the guys i play with has a few pairs and swears by them. but must also add he didn't pay for them as his SIL works for a well known Golf retailer. but if they are as comfy as my gowalk, you can't go wrong

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
one of the guys i play with has a few pairs and swears by them. but must also add he didn't pay for them as his SIL works for a well known Golf retailer. but if they are as comfy as my gowalk, you can't go wrong
I've always bought FJ's as I say Patrick, as I'm confident they fit straight out of the box. And I've never been disappointed. Have tried Adidas and Puma's before and find it's pinchy toe time with them. I have a pair of Skechers trainer type casual shoes and find them pretty comfy so feel "fairly" confident pulling the trigger.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've always bought FJ's as I say Patrick, as I'm confident they fit straight out of the box. And I've never been disappointed. Have tried Adidas and Puma's before and find it's pinchy toe time with them. I have a pair of Skechers trainer type casual shoes and find them pretty comfy so feel "fairly" confident pulling the trigger.
i always used to buy FJ too, but i found a real drop off in the quality of the leather and any waterproofing some 10 years ago, even the icon a got as a prize from GM leaked from day one. been a fan of Ecco ever since, must have 10 pairs on the go at the moment. good straight out the box. alsways deals to be had around here so never paid full retail for any of them, in fact i'd be sup if i paid more than £100 for any of the ones i have and that incudes the 3 pairs of gortex

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Think this thread shows the inconsistencies in footwear, especially regarding waterproofing.
Accept that everyone is different in terms of foot size and structure, so comfort is going to be subjective, as is looks and taste. What i struggle to understand though is why some people find a particular shoe waterproof whilst others find it leaks within a short period. Surely people aren't abusing them enough to explain this apparent lottery in terms of advertised quality!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I've never had a problem with any of the FJ's I've had over the years with regards water ingress. That might have something to do with the fact I consider myself a fair weather golfer...???.
Whenever I have been caught in a downpour, it's usually the wearing of glasses that sees me throwing the towel in.
The fairways I tend to walk are either bone hard or nice springy turf ???

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Think this thread shows the inconsistencies in footwear, especially regarding waterproofing.
Accept that everyone is different in terms of foot size and structure, so comfort is going to be subjective, as is looks and taste. What i struggle to understand though is why some people find a particular shoe waterproof whilst others find it leaks within a short period. Surely people aren't abusing them enough to explain this apparent lottery in terms of advertised quality!

I find its expectation

Also how wet it is underfoot

My place gets standing water in random points so easy to put your foot in and get a little leak over the top of the shoe

Plus if it touches your trousers there is a bridge

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Outside of winter I wear nothing but sketchers now .. they are super comfortable. Considering I suffer from plantar fasciitis I find they give me support I need (I do use my own insole, however I have them in all my shoes and the best results come via sketchers)

Spoon

Visit site
Outside of winter I wear nothing but sketchers now .. they are super comfortable. Considering I suffer from plantar fasciitis I find they give me support I need (I do use my own insole, however I have them in all my shoes and the best results come via sketchers)

Just out of interest, what do you wear in the winter? Sketchers are waterproof, no?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just out of interest, what do you wear in the winter? Sketchers are waterproof, no?

They may be but why ruin the colour of them , nothing but black shoes in winter

I wear plain black Nike's at other courses at my home course I wear footjoy boots as it gets very muddy round my course