Wrong Card

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A guy at our place played in a Comp with a card from ANOTHER club last week. The cards are similar.

Should he have been disqualified? He signed , wrote his handicap, wrote Gross scores etc.

Whilst this may be difficult to believe he used to play off 1 !!!!!

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Would need a bit more info to still say I don't know.

It's the commitees responsibility to provide each player with a score card, with date and name(s) affixed - rule 33-5 (there is a note, the commitee may reuest each competitor records the date and his name on the card. I think that still means they must provide othe card.

Did they do so?

If they did and he used another card he might be in trouble, if not he may get away with it. Not sure it's one for the decisons book for me.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would have thought his card would be invalid,all the stroke indexes would have been different.
Also its just not done,surely the clubs cards would have been available to him before the comp got under way,either in the club or the pro shop.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
As long as the scorecard had the handicap, name, and signature of competitor and marker (why did the marker not pick up on this error?) and the gross scores recorded at each hole is in the correct order then the committee should accept it although it is a weird mistake to make.

Decision 6-6a/7

The gross scores are the important parts on the card and calculations can be made with reference to the actual S.I of the clubs alongside the incorrect card.

I suppose the committee could request proof that the person actually played at the course before accepting another venues card though.

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interesting one.

Not sure if the following is relevant

6-6a/7 Different Score Card Returned

"Q. At the end of a round in stroke play, a competitor returns to the Committee a score card different from the one issued by the Committee at the start of the round (e.g., because the original score card was lost or illegible due to wet weather). The new score card contained the competitor’s name and scores and was signed by both him and his marker. Should the score card be accepted?

A.Yes."

I'd say if it was a medal round (i.e. not stablefird) so stroke indices didn't matter and the card was correct in all other respects e.g. correct scores were entered for each hole, the handicap was correct and the card was properly signed etc, then in equity I can't see why the card can't be accepted.

Didn't his marker notice? Why didn't he just copy the scores onto a card for the course he played, and get that signed?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interesting one.

"Q. At the end of a round in stroke play, a competitor returns to the Committee a score card different from the one issued by the Committee at the start of the round (e.g., because the original score card was lost or illegible due to wet weather). The new score card contained the competitor’s name and scores and was signed by both him and his marker. Should the score card be accepted?

A.Yes."

I'd say if it was a medal round (i.e. not stablefird) so stroke indices didn't matter and the card was correct in all other respects e.g. correct scores were entered for each hole, the handicap was correct and the card was properly signed etc, then in equity I can't see why the card can't be accepted.

Didn't his marker notice? Why didn't he just copy the scores onto a card for the course he played, and get that signed?

Why only acceptable for a medal round? Player/marker are only responsible for the gross score with the committee's reponsibility starting with the application of the correct handicap (assuming correct or lower handicap entered on scorecard) to the correct SIs of the course.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I once heard that I/you could write a cheque on any piece of scrap paper as long as all the information and signature was present.

In the mad world of RG, I'd accept a medal card with all the numbers (scores), an indication of tee, the comp details, date, time and two signatures, why not? Write it on a fag packet if it suits.
Might not work so well in another format though... :eek:

If I was betting on the outcome of this, I'd go each way....

T

thecraw

I believe his score will count but he wont be able to win the competition.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
His score did count and he did not win the Comp. He has had the p@@s taken out of him as he is a bit of a stirrer.

Just like to add That mashie Niblick always has an excellent take on Rules and I enjoy his comments.

Thank you

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I once heard that I/you could write a cheque on any piece of scrap paper as long as all the information and signature was present.

In the mad world of RG, I'd accept a medal card with all the numbers (scores), an indication of tee, the comp details, date, time and two signatures, why not? Write it on a fag packet if it suits.
Might not work so well in another format though... :eek:

If I was betting on the outcome of this, I'd go each way....

as far as the cheque's concerned, didn't you have to sign across a stamp? 2 or 3d I think

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interesting one.

A.Yes."

Why only acceptable for a medal round? Player/marker are only responsible for the gross score with the committee's reponsibility starting with the application of the correct handicap (assuming correct or lower handicap entered on scorecard) to the correct SIs of the course.

Only just noticed your response.

You are right of course as long as the gross score is corect it doesn't matter. Committee are responsible for totals and points etc.

I suppose I was thinking that if was a stableford and he scored points based on the stroke indices on the "wrong" card and this wasn't noticed, he might be credited with a wrong score, so it might be different to a medal.

At our place all scores are enterd onto a computer which automatically works out points etc.